Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

50 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

If this becomes the norm I can certainly see it having a major impact on the number of overseas players coming to Scotland/Britain.

Bit of a dog's breakfast. Saints have, over the past 5 years signed relatively few European based players. I suppose the "skills test" for fast tracking players goes out the window. Some clubs who like to sign continental journeymen will really be affected. Not sure of the details, but if a non-EU player is ploughing his trade in League 1/2 in England, I assume they have to re-apply? Livingston take note.

Finland has a complicated relationship with the EU. Not a member, but an associate. 

January transfer windows will pretty much be defunct for many continental players, unless it's a PCA and get them seasons end.

Good we've invested in youth.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

If this becomes the norm I can certainly see it having a major impact on the number of overseas players coming to Scotland/Britain.

"A work permit is holding up 23-year-old Finnish winger Ilmari Niskanen's transfer to Dundee United after a fee was agreed with Ingolstadt 04" from the BBC/Courier.

4 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

"A work permit is holding up 23-year-old Finnish winger Ilmari Niskanen's transfer to Dundee United after a fee was agreed with Ingolstadt 04" from the BBC/Courier.

Shankland will have a fair wait in Belgium. Gives him time to be booted out, claiming "homesickness".

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Maybe be good for the game in Scotland in the long run. The amount of young guys rejected every season must be sole destroying .

Usually doesn't effect Saints as we don't normally sign from abroad. Trust Saints to do it when it becomes difficult.

12 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Finland has a complicated relationship with the EU. Not a member, but an associate. 

It's the UK with the complicated relationship ;). Finland has been in the EU since 1995 and uses the Euro. Norway is the one that's not in the EU but in the EFTA, EEA and respects freedom of movement from EU Countries under Schengen

1 hour ago, Sheldo said:

It's the UK with the complicated relationship ;). Finland has been in the EU since 1995 and uses the Euro. Norway is the one that's not in the EU but in the EFTA, EEA and respects freedom of movement from EU Countries under Schengen

Alright. It's Boris. Again. And we voted to remain....

9 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Looks like some player, loves the ball at feet. Definite Wotherspoon in the making. He also seems to have a high level of confidence. Good stuff. Brechin's no.2 sending off was a complete brain fade.

Cracked me up, hacked the guy, ref didn't react, so he kicked him again. To be fair, Brechin could have been 3 or 4 up by half time and were utterly awful in the second half, a few players were losing the plot.

Anyone else think we might see a late flurry of transfer activity after Thursday? We may be holding the wolf from the door on some of our more sellable assets until we know whether or not we're going to progress in Europe. And if we do go through to the group stage, we're surely going to have to add at least a couple of players to the squad?

46 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Anyone else think we might see a late flurry of transfer activity after Thursday? We may be holding the wolf from the door on some of our more sellable assets until we know whether or not we're going to progress in Europe. And if we do go through to the group stage, we're surely going to have to add at least a couple of players to the squad?

Absolutely. They all put in a helluva shift last night and it was evident in the last 15.