Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

It’s honestly extremely concerning to see the posts which older posters deem acceptable on here and the ones which they don’t. Are we really that out of touch with reality? 

Spot on. But then there is definitely a bit of playing the man and not the ball going on. 

1 hour ago, The Real Saints said:

It’s honestly extremely concerning to see the posts which older posters deem acceptable on here and the ones which they don’t. Are we really that out of touch with reality? 

I genuinely don’t understand the point you are making here. This forum used to be rampant with racism and homophobia until some of the “older posters” took a stand. Could you explain?

10 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I genuinely don’t understand the point you are making here. This forum used to be rampant with racism and homophobia until some of the “older posters” took a stand. Could you explain?

I think it’s quite clear? Somebody understandably criticises a current footballer for racism and paedophilia, and the general response is purely concern that the forum might get ‘censored’ for some reason, despite the information being readily accessible in the public domain.

Somebody buries their head in the sand in regards to racism and then attempts to justify paedophilia by saying that the girl ‘looked in her early 20s’, and his post gets multiple ‘likes’ for it. Absolutely bizarre.

12 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I think it’s quite clear? Somebody understandably criticises a current footballer for racism and paedophilia, and the general response is purely concern that the forum might get ‘censored’ for some reason, despite the information being readily accessible in the public domain.

Somebody buries their head in the sand in regards to racism and then attempts to justify paedophilia by saying that the girl ‘looked in her early 20s’, and his post gets multiple ‘likes’ for it. Absolutely bizarre.

I think it is possible to have a more nuanced view. I wouldn’t want Griffiths anywhere near Saints, because of his character. I also don’t think it’s right to publicly call someone - anyone - a paedophile when the evidence of that is far from properly established, to the extent that the police declined even to mount a full investigation, let alone take it to court. 

If you have sufficient information to prove he is what you say it is, then you should be going to the police, and not setting yourself and this forum up as judge and jury. Everyone likes a good witch-burning, until the day comes when someone says you’re the witch.

8 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I think it is possible to have a more nuanced view. I wouldn’t want Griffiths anywhere near Saints, because of his character. I also don’t think it’s right to publicly call someone - anyone - a paedophile when the evidence of that is far from properly established, to the extent that the police declined even to mount a full investigation, let alone take it to court. 

If you have sufficient information to prove he is what you say it is, then you should be going to the police, and not setting yourself and this forum up as judge and jury. Everyone likes a good witch-burning, until the day comes when someone says you’re the witch.

Not sure about the police declining to mount a full investigation, but anyway, that's besides the point. Griffiths is no doubt an imbecilic individual, but he's not that thick. Police weren't able to convict him because he got around the issue on a technicality. Anyone who has seen the screenshots will know 100% that he is guilty, but the method he used to converse with the underage girl was a clear way of finding a loophole in the system. Just like anyone else who has seen the messages, the police will know he's guilty. They can't do anything about it though. Doesn't stop him being guilty.

Saying things like 'she looked like she was in her early 20s' ironically does a lot more to tarnish the reputation of this forum than calling out such behaviours in the first place. 

40 minutes ago, Cagey said:

30 odd hours to go to the end of the transfer window. Can we not keep this thread on subject & not this inane crap.

And not a genuine offer for any of our centre backs. Rooney or McCann. Looks like we have them for this season. However those who are out of contract could be tempted with a pre contract in January if we do not tie them down soon, CD said he is working on it.

14 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

And not a genuine offer for any of our centre backs. Rooney or McCann. Looks like we have them for this season. However those who are out of contract could be tempted with a pre contract in January if we do not tie them down soon, CD said he is working on it.

AFAIK improved contract offers have been out for the out of contract defenders (Kerr, Clark, McCary, Rooney) for a while now - obviously the players aren't rushing to sign them.

8 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

After all the chat about Porteous, Doig, Nisbet, Ferguson, McCart, Kerr, Rooney and McCann nothing concrete has actually happened.

Wonder if the days of the English clubs thinking they can plunder Scotland for a bargain are over.

It helps that Saints have (for a change) been fairly blunt and public about rejecting the bids for Rooney and McCart.

34 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

After all the chat about Porteous, Doig, Nisbet, Ferguson, McCart, Kerr, Rooney and McCann nothing concrete has actually happened.

Wonder if the days of the English clubs thinking they can plunder Scotland for a bargain are over.

I think a lot of the scottish transfers to england will be fairly back ended as there will be no issues with visas etc, so clubs down south may be focusing on those deals first unless they feel they might get out bid etc.

Are loans still allowed post deadline? We could possibly see more of the deal structures that are initial loan with agreement to buy in January. Allows clubs to spread the cost out, but also to get around d the deadline if needs be.

I'm still surprised Ferguson is not away to be honest and obviously McCann from our side. Doig and Porteous are vastly overrated.

Biggest question we have though is which Millwall loanee will we get if we lose someone on deadline day?

Also, would folk object to a straight swap of Hendry for Kennedy? 

Edited by TheYellowBox

3 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

The post you referred to has been deleted. 

The player was stupid and should never have been involved in responding to her or anyone in the first place. And I trust you and Random will do likewise with some of your references to this. 

Edited by mainstand

22 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I think a lot of the scottish transfers to england will be fairly back ended as there will be no issues with visas etc, so clubs down south may be focusing on those deals first unless they feel they might get out bid etc.

Are loans still allowed post deadline? We could possibly see more of the deal structures that are initial loan with agreement to buy in January. Allows clubs to spread the cost out, but also to get around d the deadline if needs be.

I'm still surprised Ferguson is not away to be honest and obviously McCann from our side. Doig and Porteous are vastly overrated.

Biggest question we have though is which Millwall loanee will we get if we lose someone on deadline day?

Also, would folk object to a straight swap of Hendry for Kennedy? 

I'd swap Hendry for a new mop for the cleaner.

2 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Go back to England and tell your masters there  that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our back 3!!!

More seriously, I worry that if clubs down south are worried about not getting EU players finalised in time, there might be a sudden rush tomorrow to get guys from Scotland. You would hope, if that happens, that it's a seller's market, so we may (hopefully not) lose 1 or 2, but not let them go cheap?