Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

7 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

You were telling us (if you use the same name on p&b) that this was all finalised weeks ago (and apparently you are itk). So, What happened?? :unsure:

He’s signed a deal and photos were done 3 weeks ago so I assumed an announcement was imminent.  

Club could’ve done what Dundee Utd did and announce it ‘pending a work permit’ but they’re clearly waiting until it’s official. 

4 minutes ago, double deluxe said:

He’s signed a deal and photos were done 3 weeks ago so I assumed an announcement was imminent.  

Club could’ve done what Dundee Utd did and announce it ‘pending a work permit’ but they’re clearly waiting until it’s official. 

Fair enough, cheers for the clarification :) This work permit stuff is a nightmare. I imagine it’s really difficult for whoever is sorting out the paperwork at the club!

28 minutes ago, Linky said:

Isn’t Ali Crawford a centre midfielder? The position in which we currently have 5 players competing for 2 places? Hope this doesn’t mean McCann is off, or Bryson is retiring due to injury.

Bournemouth and Barnsley in talks with Celtic over Ryan Christie which could mean Celtic coming knocking for McCann. 

2 hours ago, Linky said:

Isn’t Ali Crawford a centre midfielder? The position in which we currently have 5 players competing for 2 places? Hope this doesn’t mean McCann is off, or Bryson is retiring due to injury.

Hes a central attacking midfielder and thats it. Couldn't play in the middle of the park.

Absolutely no idea where he fits into our system, unless we're now changing it to facilitate an injury prone 30yo loanee.

8 hours ago, Linky said:

No McCann will be here next season In my opinion Crawford is a replacement for Craig.

1 hour ago, saintee in exile said:

Well CD did say in a recent interview that he had learnt that one way isn't the only way so maybe he is going to tinker with the system?

If we play with a CAM then it can only be the same shape we used v United, which didn't seem to work at all and also won't work with Wotherspoon in the same team.

11 hours ago, double deluxe said:

Frustrating for all of us but player and club must be pulling their hair out. 

Any idea what happens if we get to the end of the transfer deadline today and clearance hasn’t come through? Can he still sign outside the window as the process was started before window closed? 

5 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

Any idea what happens if we get to the end of the transfer deadline today and clearance hasn’t come through? Can he still sign outside the window as the process was started before window closed? 

I think all the paperwork will be done and the player registered subject to the permit