Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

No inside knowledge, but I would have thought that a fair chunk of the playing budget will be tied up in the extensions we have offered to the existing players. Until we know for sure they are going to turn these down or withdraw them, then we have to assume they are going to be taken up (regardless of how unlikely that may be).

So we will have to wait for agents to come back to us regarding these and that is unlikely to be any time soon.

Also, I wonder if we will ever see Eetu playing for us.

Crawford not featured for Bolton this season & only started 4 games on loan at Tranmere last season.

On the surface not looking good but he was a decent player at Hamilton so hopefully Callum can get the best out of him.

A team should build on their success but unfortunately we look like we haven't improved our squad this season.

21 hours ago, The Real Saints said:

I think it’s quite clear? Somebody understandably criticises a current footballer for racism and paedophilia, and the general response is purely concern that the forum might get ‘censored’ for some reason, despite the information being readily accessible in the public domain.

Somebody buries their head in the sand in regards to racism and then attempts to justify paedophilia by saying that the girl ‘looked in her early 20s’, and his post gets multiple ‘likes’ for it. Absolutely bizarre.

Leigh Griffiths is in Dundee and has signed up for a season long loan move.

That's the last word on this part of the discussion.

1 hour ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I see Coventry have released Brandon Mason,wee left back that was on loan at St.Mirren 

wonder if he is someone we may try to get!

Seemed fast and agile enough  but would he be good enough?

We have two good quality left backs though. Not sure that's something we need, as it's a part of the pitch we're pretty strong.

I'm quite happy with signing a player like Crawford on a short-term loan. He was good in the past, he has it all to prove, if it doesn't work out then back he goes and we lose nothing.

I just can't see how he fits into the team, and I'm worried that we couldn't find a striker so we've signed an attacking midfielder instead, or he's a McCann replacement. The other option is that he's cover for MOH on that right side, so essentially a Conway replacement, but he's never been a winger before.

Tommy Wright scooping up all the strikers. He already has Scott Robinson & he has now signed Gullen & Shaw.

I think he had a young striker who scored a hatrick earlier in the season & was good in the air. Maybe we could get him on loan.

Tommy must have a big budget. Killie gambling on a quick return to premiership.

18 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Tommy Wright scooping up all the strikers. He already has Scott Robinson & he has now signed Gullen & Shaw.

I think he had a young striker who scored a hatrick earlier in the season & was good in the air. Maybe we could get him on loan.

Tommy must have a big budget. Killie gambling on a quick return to premiership.

They were gambling and running a Premier League budget this season 

Transfer deadline posturing? They need someone like him to bolster their midfield, apparently.

McCann has been popular (wrt transfers) on Celtic blogs for months now. Most suggesting that their club should be making a move for the Saints player.

Personally, I would hope that he didn't go to any of our direct competitors particularly one/either of the twins.

I'm not hopeful.

Edited by Indicator

35 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Celtic chat on twitter is that they have withdrawn interest as they are not prepared to meet the asking price. Whether its true or not is anyones guess. 

Given that Celtic's idea of a fair offer would be £200k - £300k it could easily be true.

Edited by south inch

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Jack Henry has been transferred for 10 million euros.

Must have a good agent.

I wonder if Dundee get a cut & can now afford Griffith's wages.

Griffiths probably costing very little Celtic wanted him out the door Their fans were booing him when he got the ball. Dundee got their cut in the first transfer Celtic get this one