Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

5 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Wigan finished last season with 5 players so story could be true. Apparently looking for a centre back & right back.

English  window shuts at 11 pm so gives us an hour to find a replacement.  Did the Arbroath centre half not have a good game against us ?

I’m hearing reliably it’s already a done deal Cagey. 

33 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

League One? Even moving to Hibs would be a bigger move. Hopefully that is all nonsense.

I was told he didn’t want to move to Hibs and ruin his relationship with us. Wasn’t really any real career progression. 

A good season at Wigan and he could move top end of the Chanpionship 

I think with a sell on percentage that's probably a fair deal.  What's 10k a week, a 500% pay rise?  Great chance to be part of a team making their way back to the Championship, and obviously a greater chance of an international callup once away from Saints.

I think Kerr is one of the best CBs in Scotland, but I think the last two weeks have shown us how important Gordon is too - perhaps even more so to the organisation of our defence.  If we ONLY lose Kerr and get someone in to replace him, even another loan initially, I think we'll have done OK out of this transfer window.  

As others have said above, if Wigan were to get promoted back to the Championship, he could easily be a £10m player and a 10% sell on clause could be big money for Saints.  The £500k up front is a world apart from the £500k we'd get from the likes of Hibs - at £8.97 a month over 4645 years

8 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Many predicted we would lose a centre back so this move should not come as a surprise to the board. I am sure we have a contingency plan in place and we will bring in a replacement before the windows close

BBC saying its now going to be a busy night at McD in terms of comings and goings....

12 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Many predicted we would lose a centre back so this move should not come as a surprise to the board. I am sure we have a contingency plan in place and we will bring in a replacement before the windows close

Not too much time left for a reaction. Being proactive is just not the Saints way. The final day of every window is one big anticlimax. We expect something to happen and end up going to bed thinking about what unattached players might come in from tomorrow onwards.

Edited by Saintdunc

1 minute ago, Saintdunc said:

Not too much time left for a reaction. Being proactive is just not the Saints way. The final day of every window is one big anticlimax. We expect something to happen and end up going to bed thinking about what unattached players might come in from tomorrow onwards.

I think Scott Boyd mentioned on arrival that player identification was part of his remit so I’m hopeful we’ll have spotted some talent a tier below and might be about to actually spend some money. 

A bit disappointed with the fee given how good he has been, but with a year left on his deal you can understand it. Really hope there is a percentage of future fee built in.

Now the club have the funds to go out and get a decent replacement and strengthen. No real excuse not to.

12 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Maybe that is why Muller was brought in at start of season on 12 month loan.

With Kerr leaving we still need another CB as Muller still leaves us light at CB