Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

22 hours ago, Shipa said:

Go back to England and tell your masters there  that they may take our lives, but they'll never take our back 3!!!

That one aged well!

Sorry to see Kerr go, but think he's probably achieved what he will at Saints and deserves to move on to bigger and better things. I can see Wigan being a first step on the way, not sure how much of a step up it is in footballing terms, but all being well should put him in a bigger shop window.

All the best Jason!

8 minutes ago, Shipa said:

That one aged well!

Sorry to see Kerr go, but think he's probably achieved what he will at Saints and deserves to move on to bigger and better things. I can see Wigan being a first step on the way, not sure how much of a step up it is in footballing terms, but all being well should put him in a bigger shop window.

All the best Jason!

My view too. He knocked back Hibs because it was sideways move. 

This move, while not currently “a step up” will make him a wealthy young man, and there are goals to hit. Either promotion or a big deal elsewhere. 

If Bournemouth were sniffing around this summer, you can guarantee they’ll be keeping tabs on him. 

We have defenders, enough to be working with and I expect we will bring another in. Goal scoring is the problem, no question about it, especially if we think the defence is now weaker, goals even more important. We've not got the money for a top goal scorer but hopefully there is someone out there. I suspect Hendry might be cut loose, a shame because he has potential. The next few years are always going to be a period of transition and hopefully we can weather the storm.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Not sure I follow your easiest of the three to replace comment. What do you mean? 

Left sided centrehalves are rarer than hens teeth, Liam Gordon has proved how indispensable he is at the heart of the defence as an “organiser”. Now I think Kerr is an excellent defender who’s quality is almost impossible to replace, but as a position, he’s the easiest.  

We still seem to be the only team in the league not really strengthening. Hope CD has something up his sleeve but its not looking great is it. Looks like its going to be a tough season. You could say we've still got most of our cup winning side intact but honestly dont think that is enough.

2 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

You’ve not fallen for that Fenerbache wind up on Twitter have you? 

I was trying to see if anyone else would go looking and fall for it :laugh:

I hate transfer day, it always promises drama and delivers nothing.  Even if saints sign anyone, it'll probably be three weeks before the media bother to say anything about it.

16 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

I was trying to see if anyone else would go looking and fall for it :laugh:

I hate transfer day, it always promises drama and delivers nothing.  Even if saints sign anyone, it'll probably be three weeks before the media bother to say anything about it.

Time to break out the Photoshop skills Monty.