Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

9 hours ago, Linky said:

Crawford has looked good so far. I think we’ll be offering him a contract.

Think we will need to see him in a few more games before offering him a contract. Mind you if he does show up well over a number of games then St Mirren will come in for him.

Ex Dundee manager McCann says on sport scene that he was surprised Tanser left Saints. It was down to money Neil. Saints refuse to pay above the going rate. St Mirren are spending the loan they got from SG & hell mend tomorrow.

Administration is not a problem for them ,it just means that someone else bares the debt.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Think we will need to see him in a few more games before offering him a contract. Mind you if he does show up well over a number of games then St Mirren will come in for him.

Ex Dundee manager McCann says on sport scene that he was surprised Tanser left Saints. It was down to money Neil. Saints refuse to pay above the going rate. St Mirren are spending the loan they got from SG & hell mend tomorrow.

Administration is not a problem for them ,it just means that someone else bares the debt.

No, Tanser has admitted that he didn’t want to battle for the jersey. Always said he was a shirker 

15 hours ago, Cagey said:

Seems like they really pushed the boat out over the summer, and yet six games in (I know it's early days yet) they're still without a win.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Seems like they really pushed the boat out over the summer, and yet six games in (I know it's early days yet) they're still without a win.

I think they've done a good job of steadily improving their squad year on year. No wild signings, like Dundee, no shipping in hundreds of loan players like Ross County, just solid SPL players, and I think they'll be mid-table this season. I just hope they haven't overspent.

I liked Tanser and would liked to have kept him but I prefer Callum Booth. 
We’ve got Booth and a cheap, but average, back up in Devine. Tanser can enjoy Paisley.

Tbf it was some cross by our former left back and a good header by our former centre-half.

Fair play to St.Mirren copying the mighty SJFC and signing quality players from in and around the SPFL rather than the likes of Hearts and Dundee United who spraff their money on unknown wonderkids.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Hendry on loan to Killie & Ballentyne on loan to Montrose.

With Bryson non existent & Muzz always injuring himself, we might have enough cover if Crawford, McPherson & Gilmour any good.

I think we have plenty of cover. Even in the absence of Bryson, Muzz and MacPherson, Ballantyne has struggled to make the bench. Makes sense for him to go out and get more game time. My only question would be whether it wouldn't have been better for him to step up a level to the Championship, rather than going back to League One.

I think we have plenty of cover. Even in the absence of Bryson, Muzz and MacPherson, Ballantyne has struggled to make the bench. Makes sense for him to go out and get more game time. My only question would be whether it wouldn't have been better for him to step up a level to the Championship, rather than going back to League One.

Presumably they've tried to get a Championship move and it's never worked out. Into the final days of being able to loan players out so a decision needed made.

With 2 players going out on loan, is anyone likely to be coming in? I'm not sure the free transfer market can offer much at the moment. The only person I can think of is Kevin McDonald, former Fulham player who wants to get his career back on track after illness. But, with central midfielders coming back from injury soon, this doesn't seem a priority.

40 minutes ago, Linky said:

With 2 players going out on loan, is anyone likely to be coming in? I'm not sure the free transfer market can offer much at the moment. The only person I can think of is Kevin McDonald, former Fulham player who wants to get his career back on track after illness. But, with central midfielders coming back from injury soon, this doesn't seem a priority.

I assume the reason they have been loaned is because the squad was too big & the guys need game time.

Don't think Montrose & Killie will be paying their full wages . the others that are loaned out will be the same. Would be good if they were paying their full wages but I doubt it.

I doubt we will be paying the full wages of the guys we have on loan.

38 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I assume the reason they have been loaned is because the squad was too big & the guys need game time.

Don't think Montrose & Killie will be paying their full wages . the others that are loaned out will be the same. Would be good if they were paying their full wages but I doubt it.

I doubt we will be paying the full wages of the guys we have on loan.

Killie kept their Premier League budget to try and get promotion. Suspect they’ll be paying Hendry’s wage 

Edited by Pat McGroin