Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

Gilmour out on loan to Alloa until January. CD seems to see more value in getting Saints youngsters game time which is probably a good idea, lets hope it doesnt leave us short with injuries and covid. Squad seems smaller than last season but probably not. Cant see anyone else coming in.

Edited by Rob

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Gilmour out on loan to Alloa until January. CD seems to see more value in getting Saints youngsters game time which is probably a good idea, lets hope it doesnt leave us short with injuries and covid. Squad seems smaller than last season but probably not. Cant see anyone else coming in.

Bryson, Muzz and Cammy all on the way back to fitness so Gilmours time would have been very limited I think.

14 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Killie kept their Premier League budget to try and get promotion. Suspect they’ll be paying Hendry’s wage 

I'd think at the very least they're paying a good percentage of it. If Saints were going to carry on paying his full wage we'd be as well just hanging on to him so that he's available for us if needed. He's in the last year of his deal and clearly isn't going to sign a new one so it's not as if he's going out on loan to help his development.

Interesting that it's a season-long loan and yet Davidson has said: “It’s about being fair to Callum and making sure he gets enough game-time between now and January and we’ll see what happens after that.”

47 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd think at the very least they're paying a good percentage of it. If Saints were going to carry on paying his full wage we'd be as well just hanging on to him so that he's available for us if needed. He's in the last year of his deal and clearly isn't going to sign a new one so it's not as if he's going out on loan to help his development.

Interesting that it's a season-long loan and yet Davidson has said: “It’s about being fair to Callum and making sure he gets enough game-time between now and January and we’ll see what happens after that.”

Believe all season long loans have to have a break clause in January.

13 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

He turns 28 this season and is playing in the 4th tier. Highest level he's played at is the 2nd tier where his record is 17 goals in 67 games.

What makes you think he'd be worth spending a fee on?

Just a question! Kelty are obviously too good for 4th tier and should sail through the 3rd. He is scoring for fun and we are not so he is just a name worth debating imho.

I'm told Gilmour will train half the week with Saints, half with Alloa. Will play bounce games for Saints, league games for Alloa during the loan. It's definitely a developmental loan to get him some game time so that he can hopefully break into the first team after Jan.

21 hours ago, tucker said:

Wondering if saints clearing players out for a new arrival 

There was a number of them this week as it was the deadline for clubs in the other leagues signing loan players. Speaking to one of the Alloa Directors who just got Gilmour in before the door closed. 

On training I think our players taht are on loan at part time clubs all train at the club.    

On 10/1/2021 at 9:47 AM, Saintdunc said:

Just a question! Kelty are obviously too good for 4th tier and should sail through the 3rd. He is scoring for fun and we are not so he is just a name worth debating imho.

No, it’s definitely not worth debating. 

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

There was a number of them this week as it was the deadline for clubs in the other leagues signing loan players. Speaking to one of the Alloa Directors who just got Gilmour in before the door closed. 

On training I think our players taht are on loan at part time clubs all train at the club.    

How is Barry Ferguson doing ?.

On 10/2/2021 at 12:37 PM, Cagey said:

How is Barry Ferguson doing ?.

At the risk of the WAP polis getting on our back :)

Not very well he seems to have the OF chip on his soldier still ended up in a stand up argument with his own fans at Dumbarton last Saturday there now appears to be some interaction between fans groups and hims. 

Might be better if he concentrated on being a manager instead of talking up Rangers and doing his usual newspaper article. 

3 minutes ago, mainstand said:

At the risk of the WAP polis getting on our back :)

Not very well he seems to have the OF chip on his soldier still ended up in a stand up argument with his own fans at Dumbarton last Saturday there now appears to be some interaction between fans groups and hims. 

Might be better if he concentrated on being a manager instead of talking up Rangers and doing his usual newspaper article. 

Seems strange . Most OF ex players seem to be more interested in their ex team than their present job.

Hartson & Sutton get upset when teams don't beat Rangers when they get the chance.

51 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Back on track before we get banned.

Worried that all those deals on the table are not being taken up.

Afraid we may lose Roons,McCart , & Kane may be away in January or Summer.

Kane is contracted until 2023.

Nobody will pay a 6 figure fee for him IMO, so he'll be staying.

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Kane is contracted until 2023.

Nobody will pay a 6 figure fee for him IMO, so he'll be staying.

I was sure Kane's contract was out in May.

I was not talking about 6 figure fee but if his contract was out in January he could go for a fee up to 6 figures. I think there a few managers that rate him more than you. TW and St Mirren would snap him up.

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

I was sure Kane's contract was out in May.

I was not talking about 6 figure fee but if his contract was out in January he could go for a fee up to 6 figures. I think there a few managers that rate him more than you. TW and St Mirren would snap him up.

When did Kilmarnock or St Mirren last pay over £100k on one player?