Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

34 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

19yr old Ukrainian defender Max Kucheriavyi signed a 3yr deal today - apparently was training with us last season for several months. Don't think I read anything about him at the time but a 3yr contract shows a lot of faith from the club in him

None of us knew that we had indeed seen him :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Does anyone know his history cannot find anything 

His name appears on the Edinburgh City official site as a striker. Can't find any record of him ever actually playing for them though. Apparently he also had a trial at Hearts. So it seems he's been kicking about in Scotland for a while before getting a Saints contract.

2 hours ago, templeofsaints said:

19yr old Ukrainian defender Max Kucheriavyi signed a 3yr deal today - apparently was training with us last season for several months. Don't think I read anything about him at the time but a 3yr contract shows a lot of faith from the club in him

Midfielder going by his own blurb, but we do like I tinker with positions of young players! 

http://kucheryavyi.tilda.ws

22 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Midfielder going by his own blurb, but we do like I tinker with positions of young players! 

http://kucheryavyi.tilda.ws

I wouldn't admit online that you like to tinker with young players. 

But I think I get what you mean, in that he can be moulded into a position. He looks a bit wee for a CH (although Danny famously proved a certain person wrong on that onel!) . Some sort of midfieler. Wonder if has any ties to Oleg?

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

None of us knew that we had indeed seen him :laugh:

Saw him during the celebrations & thought it was Northcott. Wouldn't think he would be a defender.

Looks like a midfielder to me.

Good that Saints are involving the youngsters. Sinclair & a few others were there.

We seem to be giving a lot of the young guys 3 years contracts.

Saints looking to the future.

46 minutes ago, Tricky6 said:

So we’re only waiting on replacements for Melamed/Middleton/Tanser/Conway right?

Not like they 4 had much involvement in our successes last season! :0(

Most English contracts don't end until this week, so things usually pick up after that.

53 minutes ago, Tricky6 said:

So we’re only waiting on replacements for Melamed/Middleton/Tanser/Conway right?

Not like they 4 had much involvement in our successes last season! :0(

Does Gilmour, Ballentyne & Hendry count as replacements meaning we are only looking to bring in one other that might be James Brown.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Yeah Sun saying Middleton is on his way back on loan, also saying we've rejected a £200k bid for Rooney.

That's on top of Wigan/Oxford making a bid for Kerr, and Stoke apparently bidding £800k for McCann.

Be an interesting window this one.

These offers are insane.....are we still looked at as a club that will bite your hand off for any cheeky offer? Are we?

1 minute ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

These offers are insane.....are we still looked at as a club that will bite your hand off for any cheeky offer? Are we?

They are an insult. You wouldn't get a northern league player for that kind of money.

Hope Saints are telling them not to be insulting.