Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

14 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Absolutely agree with you about his kids and having a future beyond kicking a ball at Firhill/ Parkheid (or wherever). He's saying, to me at least, once his contract with saints is done, he's looking at the future. Maybe a role with Dasovic? He's in Toronto. 

Dasovic is in Vancouver, isn't he? Which is further away from Toronto than Perth is.

Edited by Dooj

It shows how dull this transfer window has been so far that we're discussing whether Wotherspoon is going to play in Canada, after he made a throwaway comment.

Rumours are floating around the Aberdeen want to bring Hendry back, but don't want to pay for him. They are looking for another loan, or a swap deal. If so, I'd imagine only McLennan or Kennedy would be considered, and I'm not sure either would add much considering the way we play. I also think we need two players who can do what Kane does, so would probably be keen on keeping Hendry.

9 hours ago, Linky said:

It shows how dull this transfer window has been so far that we're discussing whether Wotherspoon is going to play in Canada, after he made a throwaway comment.

Rumours are floating around the Aberdeen want to bring Hendry back, but don't want to pay for him. They are looking for another loan, or a swap deal. If so, I'd imagine only McLennan or Kennedy would be considered, and I'm not sure either would add much considering the way we play. I also think we need two players who can do what Kane does, so would probably be keen on keeping Hendry.

Their manager confirmed a couple of days ago they had no interest in Hendry.

9 hours ago, Linky said:

I'd take Kennedy back in a second. He could play in multiple positions in our system. Can't see it happening though.

4 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Their manager confirmed a couple of days ago they had no interest in Hendry.

You've just ruined a perfectly good transfer rumour! (i.e. - one with no evidence whatsoever)

Edited by Linky

47 minutes ago, Linky said:

What positions did they play? Left back and centre back?

Last night Devine played left wing-back and Muller played on the left side of the back three. I believe Muller is more used to playing on the right though (he certainly looked right-footed). 

Both looked very assured on the ball to me - confident and assertive, and physically strong. If we manage to hold onto our first choice defence from last season and have these guys in there too, we're going to have a lot more strength and depth at the back this year.

Also have to say I was very impressed with Ballantyne last night.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Last night Devine played left wing-back and Muller played on the left side of the back three. I believe Muller is more used to playing on the right though (he certainly looked right-footed). 

Both looked very assured on the ball to me - confident and assertive, and physically strong. If we manage to hold onto our first choice defence from last season and have these guys in there too, we're going to have a lot more strength and depth at the back this year.

Also have to say I was very impressed with Ballantyne last night.

Well, you know, when you are a team defending both national cups, embarking on a Europa league campaign and trying to break into the top 4 in the league, you need that depth :cool:

44 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

All these potential loans are giving me the fear - we’re going to lose a large chunk of our defence one way or another in the next year and I hope there is a succession plan in place for that. Imagine having to replace all our CB’s and RWB next summer.

Brown is contracted for 22/23, and Devine is out of contract at Man U at the end of the Summer.

Gordon apparently has a option to extend his deal by 1yr.

We could potentially just be looking at replacing McCart/Kerr, and with 12 months to prepare for it.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Brown is contracted for 22/23, and Devine is out of contract at Man U at the end of the Summer.

Gordon apparently has a option to extend his deal by 1yr.

We could potentially just be looking at replacing McCart/Kerr, and with 12 months to prepare for it.

Lets hope that’s the way it plays out - interesting re Devine, I wonder if Man U see this as a make or break loan for him. 

hopefully  we can get something done with Gordon for a further extension, I’m sure as a Perth lad and saintee he would be tempted by the captains arm band if Kerr does move on

2 hours ago, John Bonham said:

interesting re Devine, I wonder if Man U see this as a make or break loan for him. 

Might sound harsh, but I'd be surprised if he had any future there, even if he plays well for us.

They're more likely to spend £50m on someone than give a youngster a go.