Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Melbourne Saint

Short term it would be great if we managed to hold onto the main players at the end of the window.

Would be an even better pick me up to hear they have signed new contracts. Make it clear to them that if a good offer comes in we won't stand in their way, but would hate to lose them to frees come the end of the contracts.

If something is going to happen with McCann I wonder if it has to happen by Sunday? He’s away on international duty after that so surely no chance of a medical being arranged, player being excused to visit another club to talk to them etc whilst away with NI? 

no idea how these things work mind you!

Edited by John Bonham

Players who leave a club where they had good experiences will often return. If Ali leaves, we will hopefully see him in a Saints shirt again some day. I also wouldnt read too much into the walk around the park. The last 2 European home games were the closest to getting the cup final experience they missed out on with the fans. Think the players were a bit taken aback by the amount of support.

I would imagine we had two signing plans: one for if we got to the group stage, one for if we didn't.

I think the if we didn't plan has the Finn coming in and challenging MOH for his place. Then Hendry going out, and us bringing in a central striker to challenge Kane. I have no idea who that might be though. Lafferty would've been good.

2 minutes ago, Linky said:

I would imagine we had two signing plans: one for if we got to the group stage, one for if we didn't.

I think the if we didn't plan has the Finn coming in and challenging MOH for his place. Then Hendry going out, and us bringing in a central striker to challenge Kane. I have no idea who that might be though. Lafferty would've been good.

Can’t believe we haven’t spoken to Ronaldo, who wants to leave Inter. No ambition, the Browns. Hendry plus a few quid?

13 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Can’t believe we haven’t spoken to Ronaldo, who wants to leave Inter. No ambition, the Browns. Hendry plus a few quid?

You don't think it's reasonable that we might be looking to sign a new striker? I'm not sure suggesting someone who recently played for relegated Kilmarnock is the same as saying we should go for Ronaldo.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

You don't think it's reasonable that we might be looking to sign a new striker? I'm not sure suggesting someone who recently played for relegated Kilmarnock is the same as saying we should go for Ronaldo.

Kilmarnock said they couldn't get near his wage demands this Summer.

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Kilmarnock said they couldn't get near his wage demands this Summer.

I’m sure they couldn’t. I imagine that’s partly because they had a vastly reduced budget due to being relegated, and partly because he wanted to be paid a decent amount to make up for having to play in the division below. I don’t think his wages would’ve been beyond us. All this is immaterial though, he’s moved on and we’ll be looking at other - & potentially better - targets.

Hendry is a tricky one. Obviously has talent and potential but being on the bench at Saints is not doing him any favours. Maybe not financially but he'd be better playing in the championship every week. Cant help feeling that because he was out on loan when Saints did the double he's not really going to feel part of the squad so much.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Hendry is a tricky one. Obviously has talent and potential but being on the bench at Saints is not doing him any favours. Maybe not financially but he'd be better playing in the championship every week. Cant help feeling that because he was out on loan when Saints did the double he's not really going to feel part of the squad so much.

Might be decent move for Henry. Did OK at Aberdeen in a team that weren't scoring.

Tommy might just get the best out of him again if rumour is true.

Good luck anyway.

Saints never move quickly in the transfer market. If we lose a minimum of 2 out of McCart, McCann, Kerr and Rooney we are going to be really stuck with no time to sign anyone and a long season ahead. The money wont mean anything if we cant get the right players in. Saints always have this one in one out policy but with covid last season it showed that our squad was too small as it was and we got really lucky with injuries. Im not suggesting we go spend above our means but Im not convinced we have the right balance at the moment.

Edited by Rob