Melbourne Saint

Saints Summer Transfers 2021

Recommended Posts

Courier saying Hibs had offer of £250.000 bit for McCart turned down.. I would fecking think so. Bloddy insult. To make it worse they want to pay in installments.

We don't need to sell especially to one of our nearest opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Courier saying Hibs had offer of £250.000 bit for McCart turned down.. I would fecking think so. Bloddy insult. To make it worse they want to pay in installments.

We don't need to sell especially to one of our nearest opponents.

We don't need to sell, but the question is, would it be in Saints interest long term, and bank money now (the installment offer is pish btw)? The situation has changed significantly since early-ish interest was shown (and for other players rumoured) as we would only have until Wednesday to get a replacement in. 

If have no doubt CD would have targets, but we can forget non-UK players for a while- where is Eetu? Any deal for McCart would, including contract discussions, medical probably run through to Monday/Tuesday. No time left for a replacement. Maybe a loan.

Best case would be if we could get another extension on his contract, great if 2 years, but 1year would be good too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

You are dicing with getting the forum censored and Jamie in bother with this.please stop.

Deleted them to save the site any bother which would end up ruining it for folk, but the posts obviously still exist with people quoting it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Deleted them to save the site any bother which would end up ruining it for folk, but the posts obviously still exist with people quoting it anyway.

Thank you RandomGuy

I've just deleted all those that quoted them as well.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reality, if we lost the 3 players most likely to go, yes, we will be weaker, but maybe not as much as everyone assumes.

Rooney, for all as he was good in the 2nd half last season, he has been no where near that level this season. Brown looks to be improving with each game for me, so shortly we may not see that as a big drop defensively. Going forward, yes, we loose something.

McCart you could argue is the weakest and least key of the back 3. He's looked of the boil the last few weeks too. While I doubt Muller is the answer, it might be an easier position to fill that at right back. £250k with conditions to a rival team would be no good, but maybe £300k down south and a sell on clause would be worth considering.

McCann would obviously be a big loss and nearly irreplaceable within Saints budget. But, we still have Davidson, Craig, Gilmour and Bryson who could all arguably fill that role. Longer term Ballentine looks like he might add something too.

We all know Saints are a club that will loose it's best players and needs to make the most of them while we have them and to maximise the compensation when we loose them. So long as we can recruit one or two to add to the squad on a permanent basis and not have to rely on loans, we should have enough in the squad to still have a good season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Radford 72 said:

Folk caring more about some words on a forum than the actual important stuff, i.e. the stuff contained within. 

Very strange behaviour. 

I find it a bit bizarre. Are we going to censor the BBC, every other Scottish football messageboard, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the national newspapers as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

In reality, if we lost the 3 players most likely to go, yes, we will be weaker, but maybe not as much as everyone assumes.

Rooney, for all as he was good in the 2nd half last season, he has been no where near that level this season. Brown looks to be improving with each game for me, so shortly we may not see that as a big drop defensively. Going forward, yes, we loose something.

McCart you could argue is the weakest and least key of the back 3. He's looked of the boil the last few weeks too. While I doubt Muller is the answer, it might be an easier position to fill that at right back. £250k with conditions to a rival team would be no good, but maybe £300k down south and a sell on clause would be worth considering.

McCann would obviously be a big loss and nearly irreplaceable within Saints budget. But, we still have Davidson, Craig, Gilmour and Bryson who could all arguably fill that role. Longer term Ballentine looks like he might add something too.

We all know Saints are a club that will loose it's best players and needs to make the most of them while we have them and to maximise the compensation when we loose them. So long as we can recruit one or two to add to the squad on a permanent basis and not have to rely on loans, we should have enough in the squad to still have a good season. 

Gilmour apparently going out on loan & we are a couple of months into the season & are yet to see Bryson who we know has had long term injury problems.

Loose ,as in screw. Lose as in get beat.:P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hibs saying they have had a third bid for McCart probably trying to unsettle our player.

Hope McCart is as insulted as Saints that they only value him at £250.000 on higher purchase.

That kind of money is peanuts down south so hopefully a bid comes in from Swansea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

McCann would obviously be a big loss and nearly irreplaceable within Saints budget. But, we still have Davidson, Craig, Gilmour and Bryson who could all arguably fill that role. Longer term Ballentine looks like he might add something too.

Well you would assume that Muzz would be first name on the midfield team sheet if Ali moved on given his recent performance.

you’d need to bloody good at arguing if you are going to convince me that Craig, Gilmour or Bryson can fill that role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure we need Kennedy, both Wotherspoon & Middleton play in his position. Still think it’ll be Hendry out on loan and a new striker. Presumably the Finn is already registered so it’s not a problem if paperwork hasn’t come in yet?

I don’t think anyone will pay enough for Hendry or Kerr. McCart is more likely to go I think. We’d then need to move quickly on another defender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Linky said:

I’m not sure we need Kennedy, both Wotherspoon & Middleton play in his position. Still think it’ll be Hendry out on loan and a new striker. Presumably the Finn is already registered so it’s not a problem if paperwork hasn’t come in yet?

I don’t think anyone will pay enough for Hendry or Kerr. McCart is more likely to go I think. We’d then need to move quickly on another defender.

I think we’ll let Hendry leave free. Matty over Mikey for me. Far better player 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual Saints are the quietest team in the transfer window. Although we had a magnificent 2nd half to last season and one like no other I think it would be foolish to think even keeping all our players which we probably wont we'll have another successful season when everyone else is strengthening. I just hope we are not at our limit and that we are not in the one out one in position. I think its going to be a long difficult season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...