Melbourne Saint

Saints Summer Transfers 2021

6 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

When did Kilmarnock or St Mirren last pay over £100k on one player?

I don't know the answer to when Killie or Midden last paid UP TO 6 figures but I am sure if they wanted players of Rooney or McCarts quaility to save their season ,they would willingly pay £50 k to £100k.. Add Clark to that

Hopefully Saints wouldn't accept anything like that & we keep them for the season.

Better still , get them to sign a 2 year deal to stay with Saints to get back in Europe and win more cups.

I don't think anyone outside of the OF, Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would pay £100k for a player. I don't think anyone would be interested in Kane. It takes a while to see his qualities, as most teams would look at goals. If he's out of contract, clubs might be interested, but I can see him staying for the rest of his career. McCart and Rooney are the key leavers.

12 minutes ago, Linky said:

I don't think anyone outside of the OF, Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen would pay £100k for a player. I don't think anyone would be interested in Kane. It takes a while to see his qualities, as most teams would look at goals. If he's out of contract, clubs might be interested, but I can see him staying for the rest of his career. McCart and Rooney are the key leavers.

Did we not pay £75 grand for McCart ?.

1 hour ago, Old Lethamite said:

Slightly tangential, but is Efe Ambrose the most-capped player to have played for Saints?

Let me check our Scottish caps and I’ll come back to you. Nope only Murray comes close with 1 minute:wub:

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Was under £20k, which was less than we received for Matty Kennedy in the same window.

Will bow your superior knowledge which is not always right.. So £20000 for an untried championship player.

So what do you think a premiership left sided centre back , with 18 months exprriance & 2 cups ,praised by every pundit in Scotland is worth.

Bad enough chairman selling our team short but surely not the fans.

It's interesting, given our success over the past decade, that no club out with the OF has been more successful. No club has had a decent run in Europe. So players can't say "it's a step up in my career"- in Scotland at least. English Championship is a step up, but it's a nightmare in that league to be promoted. What does make the difference is £££. 

I can't blame McCart signing for anyone if his wages are going to be significantly higher. He's been terrific for us & good around the club. I do hope he goes down south though.