St.Johnstone V Ross County - Saturday 20th March

SaintJet

3 hours ago, ejksjfc said:

Perhaps someone should remind Ross County that they owe us one for letting that t*** Grady score his goal in injury time when we were at Hamilton waiting on promotion.

That reminds me, the ONLY saving grace if we finished bottom six would be if we played Hamilton on the last day of the season and relegated the ba****ds. I’d enjoy that!!!

Some right bitter ####ers on here eh

We've won 2 cups since all that get over yerselves.

Don't waste your energy on the past- ye'll no change it.

We're on a really good run just now, play the way we've been playing it's a home win.

Hope Sean's back but hard to drop anyone too.

17 minutes ago, McCarry One Nil said:

Some right bitter ####ers on here eh

We've won 2 cups since all that get over yerselves.

Don't waste your energy on the past- ye'll no change it.

We're on a really good run just now, play the way we've been playing it's a home win.

Hope Sean's back but hard to drop anyone too.

Think Shaun might be back in :cool:

The statistics for this game are all in our favour but that counts for nothing.  Yogi will have them fired up so Callum has to have our guys equally ready.  We should be able to outgun them as we have the better players, especially in defence, but catching them on the break will do just as well.

Even if 3 points does not get us to the promised land of the top 6 they should ensure we are nailed on safe for another year.  I am sure it is not possible for more than 2 or 3 teams to pass us on 40 points and we are not going to finish on that figure.

2 hours ago, south inch said:

The statistics for this game are all in our favour but that counts for nothing.  Yogi will have them fired up so Callum has to have our guys equally ready.  We should be able to outgun them as we have the better players, especially in defence, but catching them on the break will do just as well.

Even if 3 points does not get us to the promised land of the top 6 they should ensure we are nailed on safe for another year.  I am sure it is not possible for more than 2 or 3 teams to pass us on 40 points and we are not going to finish on that figure.

We are already safe surely!?

3 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

We are already safe surely!?

Probably, but if we lose to County Motherwell and United can pass us on Saturday.  County can then pass us with 2 wins and Hamilton could also pass us with a good run if they beat St Mirren.  We would have to play like haddies for 5 games but we have managed that before!

We would still be above Killie though.

6 hours ago, south inch said:

What stats is that then? I’ve got it down as pretty even affair on most counts 

45 minutes ago, south inch said:

Scored more goals

Far better defensive record

Only lost to Rangers and Celtic since New Year

Won the League Cup

6 clean sheets in 2021

Most of those are just facts though, they aren’t actually stats that point to the likelihood of us beating Ross County as comfortably as you suggested.

We’ve won 27% of our home games this season,  Ross county have won 27% of their away games this season.

We average 0.47 goals at home per match this season, Ross County average 0.67 goals away from home per match this season.

You mentioned clean sheets, but we’ve had 8 clean sheets all season, Ross County have had 6 clean sheets all season.

All that the stats suggest is that it’s going to be a pretty close match.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

12 hours ago, south inch said:

Probably, but if we lose to County Motherwell and United can pass us on Saturday.  County can then pass us with 2 wins and Hamilton could also pass us with a good run if they beat St Mirren.  We would have to play like haddies for 5 games but we have managed that before!

My memory might be way off here but didn't Hibs end up going on a horrific run and getting relegated after being pipped by us for Top 6 on the last day before the split a few years back? Great times.

I think if we win this we can assume we will be safe so that would be our main objective.

Making the top six after everything we have been through over this past year, Covid, losing TW and the uncertainty of the new manager, would just be brilliant. You can only ask to have your destiny in your own hands. We are good side with good pros and so if they approach this game with the correct mind set we'll win this.

11 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Most of those are just facts though, they aren’t actually stats that point to the likelihood of us beating Ross County as comfortably as you suggested.

We’ve won 27% of our home games this season,  Ross county have won 27% of their away games this season.

We average 0.47 goals at home per match this season, Ross County average 0.67 goals away from home per match this season.

You mentioned clean sheets, but we’ve had 8 clean sheets all season, Ross County have had 6 clean sheets all season.

All that the stats suggest is that it’s going to be a pretty close match.

If you read my post nowhere do I suggest we are going to beat County comfortably.  In fact my view is that the stats (or facts) count for nothing.