St.Johnstone V Ross County - Saturday 20th March

SaintJet

32 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Top 6 in 8 of the last 10 seasons & two trophies . How the feck can our diddy team paying probably lower wage than most teams in premiership do that.

Sometimes hear talk of the "family" club and I think that's a factor, that while we can't really afford the best players in the world (not to take away from those we have) they all come together and give 110% for each other.

I remember saying a few years ago that what we may lack in quality, we more than make up for in attitude!

Interesting that we have perhaps (I'm a bit drunk so not taking this in) now been a top flight club more than we have not.....so just because we were shit in the 80s......

Including the 2016–17 season, the team have spent 46 seasons in the top tier of the Scottish football league system, 44 in the second and 4 in the third.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St_Johnstone_F.C._seasons

Just like to add my congrats to St. Johnstone f.c., Chairman, Chief Executive, Manager, Coaching Staff, Physios, Medics, Players etc. etc. (Apologies if I've missed anyone) for another top six finish, Oh!, not forgetting winning the League Cup.

You have given ME and I know a lot of other Saints supporters a helluva lift during what has been a hellish (Covid) year for everyone.

Onwards and upwards.

Stay safe.

C.o.y.s.

7 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Interesting that we have perhaps (I'm a bit drunk so not taking this in) now been a top flight club more than we have not.....so just because we were shit in the 80s......

Including the 2016–17 season, the team have spent 46 seasons in the top tier of the Scottish football league system, 44 in the second and 4 in the third.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_St_Johnstone_F.C._seasons

You definitely were a bit drunk. 46 vs 48 if those numbers are correct 

It's an incredible achievement in whatever way you cut it. So many top 6 finishes, 2 cups, european runs etc. But on top of that, it has been done increasingly with players developed from our own youth system. To think we had a core of experience in the first half of the decade and then now have some great young talent, while still keeping up the success is really pleasing.

When you see how dejected StMirren are and how long since they have finished in top 6, then it makes you realise the achievement even more.

Also, if we are all honest, we all think there is a real chance of the scottish cup and europe too. Both are realistic and to even think that way without genuinely getting ahead of yourself is mental.

15 hours ago, saintgscot said:

I’m not sure but looking at this it was Joe Shaughnessy that gave the free kick the goal cone from.

4D0169BF-1956-4F6D-A291-E34B54D1FBCF.png

Goodwin saying that poor decision from the ref cost them the top 6. Their defending cost them the top 6 . Also the amount of dodgy penalties they got put them in that position in the first place.

11 hours ago, Cagey said:

Top 6 in 8 of the last 10 seasons & two trophies . How the feck can our diddy team paying probably lower wage than most teams in premiership do that.

And how many of our players were rewarded with international caps compared to dross from Hibs, Hearts, Aberdeen, Kilmarnock, Motherwell even Dundee United ffs. How many National trophies  have those shitshow clubs won? How many Europa League matches has Shankland played in compared to Dave MacKay?

Nevermind, happy to be an overlooked, unloved, untrendy diddy club if we are even half as successful in the next ten years as we have been in the past decade.

COYS!!!

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Nevermind, happy to be an overlooked,

I agree we have a small squad the last thing we need is Kerr or anyone else going off with Scotland and picking up an injury. Purley selfish but international in juries could have an effect on our season.

5 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

I agree we have a small squad the last thing we need is Kerr or anyone else going off with Scotland and picking up an injury. Purley selfish but international in juries could have an effect on our season.

Couple of decent games for Scotland and you can add £1m onto his price though. 

I think what is important is that even when we were not getting results earlier in the season we were not playing badly. I can honestly say in my opinion that there were only two truly disappointing performances all season so far.......... the first game v Rangers (0-3). and Livi (0-2). Other games we didn’t handle particularly well after losing goals but did not really play badly and others got punished after having players stupidly sent off. Strangely enough I thought one of our worst performances was first half against Hibs in the semi.