Podcasts

rik2304

For those interested in these kinds of things. I'd highly recommend the Dogger Saints podcast on Spotify. 

They've had some fantastic guests on recently such as;

Kevin Twaddle, Nick Dasovic, Doobs, Kieran MacAnespie and Allan Preston among others. It's really well done and you can tell the guys love Saints.

Well worth a listen!

Yeah it's been excellent so far. I found the Richard Foster interview particularly interesting. 

I believe it's available on most podcast apps (I've been listening on Pocket Casts).

Also a shout-out for the hospital radio podcast which has had some great Saints interviews too.

We've been really impressed by the Doggersaints podcast.  While we are out of our studios it is knocking us into the long grass with its production values.  Good guests and maybe a little edgier than us although we've had some belters of guests over the years from Alec Totten to Jim Spence they all brought something fresh.  We never intended ours as a podcast but as a scheduled programme - it was the listeners on the internet that asked for (and paid for) the podcast.  But there's room for two.  Shameless link coming.....

Really enjoyed the Dogger podcast with Phillip Scott. Now to listen to the others. 

Stumbled on one called "under the cosh" and they had Michael Duberry on. It was very interesting, especially his time at Leeds. On a negative note, they also had Rowan Vine on. Its a challenge to listen past the first ten minutes.

Another one called Soccer Supernova had a good interview with Paul Cherry and just released one with Danny Swanson.

17 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Another interesting one I heard recently is the interview with Davide Xausa on the Talkin' Fitbaw podcast. He talks about really hating his time at Saints in the 90s and also about turning down a contract at Sporting Lisbon before he ended up here.

Who was he ?.

Just as well I am on lockdown. Might be able to find time to listen to them.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Another interesting one I heard recently is the interview with Davide Xausa on the Talkin' Fitbaw podcast. He talks about really hating his time at Saints in the 90s and also about turning down a contract at Sporting Lisbon before he ended up here.

He’s a weird one. I have no memory of him playing for us despite attending every week back then. 

3 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

He’s a weird one. I have no memory of him playing for us despite attending every week back then. 

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

Who was he ?.

Just as well I am on lockdown. Might be able to find time to listen to them.

He played one game for us (I think away against Motherwell) immediately after joining us from Stoke, and never played for the first team again despite remaining with us for a year or two. He was a Canadian international team-mate of Nick Dasovic.

He went on to be quite successful for both ICT and Livingston.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davide_Xausa

Have to say I often find the interviews with players like this a lot more interesting than the ones who are legends and we've all heard a lot more about.