New European Breakaway League.

sixties saintee

56 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

They could help to fill the void left by the EPL clubs and take their B/Colt teams wi' them.

If they go anywhere, they should start at the 6th tier and work their way up. Neither would finish in the top half of the EPL, and come to think of it, Celtic would not win the Championship either. However this will never happen and we are stuck with them.

Surely they were never in the running to get close to being invited to this breakaway league either. 

As this thread is about the proposed Euro Super League and not an old squirm hatefest I will comment about that. My view is that the individual leagues should tell those clubs to GTF and let them get on with their “ superleague” see how they like playing each other 4 times a season. They will soon find out the grass is not always greener on the other side. I know it’s never going to happen but I still believe that the CHAMPIONS league should be for CHAMPIONS only plus possibly the finalists from previous season.

ps I would love it if the ugly sisters gtf. 

27 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

As expected, 6 English clubs have backtracked and withdrawn from the venture.

Fans are raging, hopefully not at the players and Managers, but at the Greedy owners 

This could be lucrative for the lawyers but costly for the 6.

3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

As expected, 6 English clubs have backtracked and withdrawn from the venture.

Fans are raging, hopefully not at the players and Managers, but at the Greedy owners 

Funniest thing are the "fans" of these clubs. Special kind of lemon to go outside the grounds of these multi-billion pound clubs....