St.Johnstone V Rangers - Wednesday 21st April - 7pm

SaintJet

Early evening kick off in Perth for this one.

Not sure how CD is going to approach this; we could without doubt provide a stiff test to Rangers and I can't believe we wont take something from them this season from four games but we have just never laid a glove on them in the previous encounters! I can see us setting up in a stuffy defensive formation and hope to spring a surprise.

One eye undoubtedly on Sunday's cup game so how both teams approach this will decide which type of game we get.

I think Rangers will rest a lot of their first team.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I really want Liam Craig to start both of these Sevco matches and I'm surprised he wasn't rested against Clyde.

I reckon we'll revert to a front three for this one, with Kane through the middle on his own.

Think we should keep Liam & Spoony for Sunday. They are our most influential players outside or back 3 & can't afford to lose them due to injury or red card.

We can all dream but surely our best chance of Europe next season is to finish 5th in the league.  To do that we have to close the gap with Livingston so that beating them ensures that spot.  So we should go all out tomorrow and field the best team we can hoping to catch a Rangers* team still patting themselves on the back for completing their domination of Celtic.

25 minutes ago, slf said:

Play Michael Francis he’s on a mission 

It would be lovely if he was the one to stop their invincible season (we can but dream)

We have a European spot to lose as goal difference could come into it. Play strongest team, think CD will play strongest defensive team. What about playing 3.5.1.1

Clark

Kerr Gordon McCart

Rooney McCann Craig Bryson Tanser

Wotherspoon

Kane

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'd say Wednesday's game is arguably more important than Sunday's game.

I would rather win the cup game. Get past that & the cups ours & we are in Europe.

The best we could probably hope for in the league against them is a draw & still have to gets a win against Livi.

Play the fringe players & see if they are worth a contract

Not sure getting to the confederation cup or whatever it is called would be any financial benefit to Saints.

Personally I would lie down to them on Wednesday and play as many players as I could that are not 1st team regulars and go for it on Sunday 

Let's face it the League is done and  the Livingston situation with accounts etc means we might get Europe anyway 

The Cup game is the most important game 

To get Europe through the league from 5th place or 6th if Livi get banned the Cup winners need to be in top 4, it could quite easily work out that all the semi finalists (apart from the winners of our tie) come from the bottom 6 which would scupper that. I say play the strongest team in both games and go for it. Cup double and 5th place is achievable.

I feel like the Aberdeen game was our chance to take 5th place in the league, and our focus should be on the cup now.  Never in the club's history has there been a genuine opportunity like this to win TWO pieces of silverware in a season.  

Surely this week has shown how important fans are in football.  League positions and Euro qualification pales into insignificance compared to cup success as fans telling the grandkids about it in 50 years time!

1 hour ago, montrosesaintee said:

I feel like the Aberdeen game was our chance to take 5th place in the league, and our focus should be on the cup now.  Never in the club's history has there been a genuine opportunity like this to win TWO pieces of silverware in a season.  

Surely this week has shown how important fans are in football.  League positions and Euro qualification pales into insignificance compared to cup success as fans telling the grandkids about it in 50 years time!

Sadly,

I'll be deed in 50 years time.