St.Johnstone V Rangers - Wednesday 21st April - 7pm

SaintJet

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Yeah, everyone had stopped when he put it in the net.

First penalty was a penalty and red, second a stonewaller, then the 3rd, which was given was a nothing incident.

Ref had an absolute shocker.

Shelly and Faddy saying first two weren’t. They seem to think first was given for handball but then not given as it hit his foot first. Second they say no as arm was by his side but T-shirt was clear penalty.

1 minute ago, sixties saintee said:

Watched highlights on Sportscene, blink and you missed the 1 st half.

I agree. My mate asked if goal was offside I thought I’ll see on sportscene and then they didn’t show it. So said to him never happened as sportscene didn’t show it. But they did bring it up afterwards and he was clearly offside.

Yeah highlights on sportscene were dodgy. They discussed stuff afterwards not shown in the highlights. Melameds goal was offside but great finish. Not much highlights of Rangers, 1 effort and 1 goal. Pundits said game wasnt a classic maybe because Rangers didnt win but I thought it was a decent game.

Thought that was a barnstorming performance, where we never gave them a minute. Was suprised when we went 0-1, but then they got four yellows in four minutes, so was more surprised the game ended with 11 of them on the pitch. Kane was good tonight, May &  Rooney put in a shift too. 

The point may be the difference....here's hoping!

Really strong performance from Saints. We never let them settle into their normal game and our energy and organisation caused them real problems. I think in games like this you really see the benefits of how well drilled our players have become under Callum, in comparison to the first couple of months of the season - everyone knows exactly what their job is and where they need to be.

Bizarre refereeing and that was never a penalty at the end, but the first two claims should have been. 

Was surprised to see us start with two up front. It seems Callum is coming round to that as his preferred formation. Is Conway injured? Noticed he wasn't even on the bench.

The more I look at it I do think the referee might just have got all the “penalty “ decisions correct. However on the night he never had the benefit of multiple replays and as he had a far better view than his linesman he should never have changed his mind for the first one. The second one not sure about it. The third one looked dodgy on the night but a closer look it’s a clear penalty.

I listened on the radio and watched highlights if they can be called that.

The tug on Rooney in the box was a pen, okay he went down like a bed settee but these are given 99% of the time.

Hope we can rekindle the energy diplayed last night  on Sunday it was excellent.

highlights were an embarrassment.  If the BBC are banned from ibrox and the sevcos refuse to speak to them, why do the BBC present such incredibly biased highlights and reports?  Craig effort, Melameds offside goal etc.  Why are they not on the highlights.  3 or 4 different angles of their keeper making a clearance he was always favourite to get to.  

Never mind, we'll just have to score a handful of goals on Sunday, they can't not show goals surely!