St.Johnstone V Rangers - Wednesday 21st April - 7pm

SaintJet

1st penalty shout for holding Rooney, sometimes you get those but against OF you dont.

2nd technically the players hands were down by his side so not unnatural. Had it been going in then I think it might have been different. Looked like it was going wide.

3rd technically a penalty because Kane was kicked rather than ball however it seemed like Kane had got rid of the ball first so right decision but silly mistake by defender.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Just a pity we could not have been in attendance. 

Can you imagine the euphoria when Saints equalised in injury time?

C.o.y.s.

I remember back, must be getting on for twenty years now and Paul Wright scoring late late show to deny the ****. I'm Sure Wright did this more than once against Rangers. Sweet.

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Just a pity we could not have been in attendance. 

Can you imagine the euphoria when Saints equalised in injury time?

C.o.y.s.

I actually think we might have pulled in some bigger-than-usual crowds this season, what with the way we've been playing, the Cup win, and the late surge into the Top 6. Pity.

55 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Hopefully it’ll show in next seasons ST numbers 

Would hope we would sell more STs next season but not sure. We are playing better football than the eye bleeding stuff we had to put up with under Tommy but not sure if too many will be seeing it.

I think Rangers & Hibs have already put theirs on sale already. Desperate for money.

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Very true.  I might have missed it though by trying for a quick exit from the car park!

I know would have served me right.

I had switched off the stream in disgust at the officials. Saw a post on Twitter saying penalty and thanks to the delay, manage to get back in just before Liam stroked it home! 

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I actually think we might have pulled in some bigger-than-usual crowds this season, what with the way we've been playing, the Cup win, and the late surge into the Top 6. Pity.

And a final game v Livingston that could secure us Europe.

Would've been some brilliant memories made this season. Opening day at Tannadice, where we refused to lose despite being a man down for 50 minutes. O'Hallorans last minute winner v Kilmarnock. 5-3 game at Hamilton. Coming back from 2-0 down at half time to beat Kilmarnock. Oblitering Motherwell with Melamed scoring from 20 yards. Beating Dunfermline on penalties in front of the away stand. Late winner v County to secure top 6 in final 5 minutes of that stage of the season. Beating Hibs 3-0 at Hampden. Winning the League Cup for the first time.

What a ****ing season.

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

And a final game v Livingston that could secure us Europe.

Would've been some brilliant memories made this season. Opening day at Tannadice, where we refused to lose despite being a man down for 50 minutes. O'Hallorans last minute winner v Kilmarnock. 5-3 game at Hamilton. Coming back from 2-0 down at half time to beat Kilmarnock. Oblitering Motherwell with Melamed scoring from 20 yards. Beating Dunfermline on penalties in front of the away stand. Late winner v County to secure top 6 in final 5 minutes of that stage of the season. Beating Hibs 3-0 at Hampden. Winning the League Cup for the first time.

What a ****ing season.

Nice summing up of key points ,Random.

9 hours ago, Rob said:

1st penalty shout for holding Rooney, sometimes you get those but against OF you dont.

2nd technically the players hands were down by his side so not unnatural. Had it been going in then I think it might have been different. Looked like it was going wide.

3rd technically a penalty because Kane was kicked rather than ball however it seemed like Kane had got rid of the ball first so right decision but silly mistake by defender.

First penalty was actually given for handball before the ball got to Rooney. They said that on sportscene and was also what Calum had said after the match as well. But linesman ruled arm was in natural position.

second one arms may have been by his side but he moves towards the ball. As seen in the link I have added.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stjohnstone1884/status/1385215897812541440?s=24

8 hours ago, saintgscot said:

First penalty was actually given for handball before the ball got to Rooney. They said that on sportscene and was also what Calum had said after the match as well. But linesman ruled arm was in natural position.

second one arms may have been by his side but he moves towards the ball. As seen in the link I have added.

https://mobile.twitter.com/stjohnstone1884/status/1385215897812541440?s=24

Let's just hope the decision goes our way on Sunday, should there be a similar incident involving a Saints player's arm.

But...... i doubt it.