Rangers V St.Johnstone - Quarter Final Sunday 25th April

SaintJet

Yet another magical moment to add to the long list that this season is providing. If only we could have all been there.

Even if we'd ended up losing that, I'd have said it was a magnificent performance. The fitness, energy and determination levels from our players to pressure every Sevco player and chase every ball for 120 minutes, after doing the same in midweek, is just off the scale. But to actually go on to win it, after losing a goal with only a few minutes remaining of extra-time, is just fairytale stuff. What a team spirit we have, and our players can play a bit too (there really can't be many midfields in Scotland that are more effective than Craig-McCann-Wotherspoon).

I was critical of Callum Davidson in the first half of the season, but what he's gone on to achieve since then is just absolutely incredible. And it's not over yet.

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Yet another magical moment to add to the long list that this season is providing. If only we could have all been there.

Even if we'd ended up losing that, I'd have said it was a magnificent performance. The fitness, energy and determination levels from our players to pressure every Sevco player and chase every ball for 120 minutes, after doing the same in midweek, is just off the scale. But to actually go on to win it, after losing a goal with only a few minutes remaining of extra-time, is just fairytale stuff. What a team spirit we have, and our players can play a bit too (there really can't be many midfields in Scotland that are more effective than Craig-McCann-Wotherspoon).

I was critical of Callum Davidson in the first half of the season, but what he's gone on to achieve since then is just absolutely incredible. And it's not over yet.

There are no superlatives to describe last night.

I couldn't understand the criticism Callum was getting early in the season. I think we had 2 bad games all season.

We had a lot of bad luck & bad refereeing decision but if things even themselves up over the season then last night was it.

Alan Muir never even gave a penalty.

That is undoubtedly one of he greatest results in our history. The League Cup wins were against poor Rangers teams and whilst this one isn't a great one, they are clearly flying high given their performances this season. 

But we went to Ibrox, went toe-to-toe with them and beat them. Forever in the history books. 

17 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I was critical of Callum Davidson in the first half of the season

Me too. Guess this old fart is too rigid in his ways. At the time I thought he was trying to do too much too fast and too stubborn to  change his formation. What  do I know :cool:

What a performance. Had a listen to the BBC scottish football podcast. Tom English (i think) was saying it was one of the best defensive displays he's seen in a long time, I'd have to agree. Zander will rightly get the headlines, but all the team were magnificent. 29% of Earth is covered by N'golo Kante, the rest is covered by Liam Craig!

Last night's game was not suited for Spoony & Guy they are too good going forward to be defending from the front.

Mikey was a superb substitution. Just what was needed at the time. He should have scored two as well.

He had no right to win that corner that led to the equaliser.

I don't think there is another team in the world that would not have sunk to there knees & thought game over after Tavenier scored.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Honestly I think I would’ve been approaching the tube station by the time we equalised! 

Still can't believe what I saw last night was absolutely unbelievable you wouldn't have believed it if you'd read that as a script. Delighted for Zander whose name will be forever in the annals of history. To a man the team played with heart and pride. Echo comments on here about the midfield Liam and Ali were everywhere yesterday, McCann's tackle when tracking back was something else. Delighted too for Kano who made a real impact when he came on was more his type of game than Guy's. Callum made his subs at exactly the right time and they all came off. Mikey had his best game for ages was delighted for him after his struggles at Rangers. How good were our penalties shades of Lucerne. And total Karma for Roofe after what he did to Muzz. Speaking of which what's the situation with Murray is he close to being fit?

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Read is was after game & if extra time &% pens then probably 10/10.30 pm.

"As it stands the draw is set to take place at Rugby Park following Killie's clash with the Buddies at around 9.45pm if the game is settled in normal time."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-cup-semi-final-draw-23974407

52 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

For a wee laugh you couldn't spend a better half hour this afternoon reading the bile on "The Bears Den"!

Awesome. Getting beat by a diddy team. Oh the pain.............................

Yes its hilarious, pity the posters have such a limited vocabulary.  Seems we have been renamed St F**k$$g Johnstone.  Also amusing, though a good deal more sympathetic, is the Kerrydale Street fans forum.

Holy Moly - so many years getting the proverbial extracted by fans of the OF; so many years down here where I am in south of England after revealing that I’m from Glasgow being asked whether I was Rangers or Celtic - and receiving blank looks when I indignantly proclaim neither but that I’m a Saintee...and now this bonkers season after last night maybe just maybe there will be a wee bit of recognition.  

Meanwhile I have had loads of fun this morning with my Rangers season ticket holder brother - and soon to move on to my niece - also a Rangers season holder.  It’s her birthday today so I’ve let her off this morning ... but the time is just about upon us.

And my dear mum - who so proudly went to Parkhead with me and my lad in 2014 - will be smiling from up high and afar...maybe she’ll be taking my dad up for a joyous Highland Scottische - to tunes by Bobby MacLeod of course - their favourite.  Both gone but joyously with me today.

And we are all still dancing.  So proud of the lads, Callum and just everyone...

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Last night's game was not suited for Spoony & Guy they are too good going forward to be defending from the front.

Mikey was a superb substitution. Just what was needed at the time. He should have scored two as well.

He had no right to win that corner that led to the equaliser.

I don't think there is another team in the world that would not have sunk to there knees & thought game over after Tavenier scored.

Yeah MOH has got some stick this season but he has played his part and worthy of staying in my opinion. He's got pace but also that strength to get to the byline. Done it on a number of occasions this year and dragged us back into games.