Rangers V St.Johnstone - Quarter Final Sunday 25th April

SaintJet

What's the odds against any team scoring a goal against a team of Rangers stature with the last kick of the ball in 2 games within 4 days. Rangers must be gutted.

On the subject of odds ,did anyone take the bookies up on the good odds they were offering ?.

16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

What's the odds against any team scoring a goal against a team of Rangers stature with the last kick of the ball in 2 games within 4 days. Rangers must be gutted.

On the subject of odds ,did anyone take the bookies up on the good odds they were offering ?.

I’m too much of a Shitebag to bet on Saints.

9 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

Just watched highlights AGAIN. Just wanted to note my appreciation for Jason's penalty, which was one of the most unstoppable pens I've ever seen.

All of our penalties were text book; how cool was McCann even with d/head McGregor trying to fase him?

Take that!

6 hours ago, nickyg said:

Speaking of which what's the situation with Murray is he close to being fit?

Maybe already seen, but the Courier saying he's back in training this week.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I know someone who put a bet on Saints winning trophy a few days ago, at 35/1...

8 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

40 Years 2 months and 11 days after the 3 -3 cup game at Muirton, revenge tastes very very sweet. 

My first game proper. Vaugley  recall my blue nose dad taking me along to a saints rangers game or two in the 70s. So when the above game came up I asked if I could go and brother said I could go with him but only if I supported saints, . so glad I did. Remember being squashed against the trackside barrier when saint's second and third went in. This led to many home n away games and as pre teenage it likely opened my eyes a wee bitty to life:). As mentioned above revenge is sweet.

46 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Wonder what Rooney said to Goldson to get his reaction.

Wondered that as well. He had a similar run in with Kamara on Wednesday . Was hoping he hadn't said anything injudicious with Goldson record of making claims against opponents.

Rooney is big gallas guy & you get worried about his windups.

4 hours ago, andrew said:

A few Rangers fans were gracious in defeat, and I’ll take that. Celtic fans, however, can beat it. For them it’s not well done Saints, but haha Rangers. They must think we’re daft.

There are many decent Rangers fans who are indeed gracious in defeat, we probably all number  a few as friends.  However, there were plenty on their fan sites dishing out vile abuse towards Rooney, MOH and McCann for non football reasons.

Edited by south inch

17 minutes ago, south inch said:

There are many decent Rangers fans who are indeed gracious in defeat, we probably all number  a few as friends.  However, there were plenty on their fan sites dishing out vile abuse towards Rooney, MOH and McCann for non football reasons.

I was meaning the ones I know, not the online warriors.

3 hours ago, south inch said:

I had no idea 2 of those were RC, and only knew MOH was because of previous hate from the Neanderthals. How do they even know who is what? Why does it matter?

All the more absurd if you noticed one of Sevco’s successful penalty takers blessed himself (I think it’s called) after scoring. The cross and kiss thing. I don’t speak religion.

2 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I had no idea 2 of those were RC, and only knew MOH was because of previous hate from the Neanderthals. How do they even know who is what? Why does it matter?

All the more absurd if you noticed one of Sevco’s successful penalty takers blessed himself (I think it’s called) after scoring. The cross and kiss thing. I don’t speak religion.

They may not be these guys go on the name.  I doubt if even MOH is a practicing RC, who cares?

1 minute ago, south inch said:

They may not be these guys go on the name.  I doubt if even MOH is a practicing RC, who cares?

The number of practising Christians, defined as attending services regularly, is now tiny in the UK, and is reputedly lower than the number of non-Christians who do. Imagine how thick you have to be to hate someone because the church they never go to is different to the one you never go to?

6 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

He hides it well

11 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Interesting that he made the sign of the cross after he scored. Reminds me of the old joke - priest comes across a guy effing and blinding because he can't get a tight wheel nut off to change a flat tyre.  Why don't we try a wee prayer instead says the priest.  OK says the guy , by this time past caring.  They bow heads and the priest intones a prayer for help.  First turn afterwards the nut comes off easy as pie.  "Bloody hell" says the priest.

No offence intended.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Yeah Rooney is a massive Celtic fan and doesn't hide it, so you can imagine what's been said to Rangers players over the last week.

I don't care who players support tbh, Clark is a massive Rangers fan yet just won us a cup game at Ibrox. 

It certainly has no bearing on their efforts against either, although Zander has certainly played a blinder against Celtic a few times :laugh:

2 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

Agreed, but I also wonder what impact 40,000 orcs would have had on both sets of players - and the referee. I feel that football without fans has helped the underdog a bit at times.

Totally agree , they have influenced the ref and linesman for years and they know where they live. Disgusting.

2 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

Agreed, but I also wonder what impact 40,000 orcs would have had on both sets of players - and the referee. I feel that football without fans has helped the underdog a bit at times.

This. More than we may realize, said the same after the Hibs league cup semi.

Massed army of orcs puts the fear of god into yellow bellied refs.

Covid "the great equalizer"