SaintJet

Rangers V St.Johnstone - Quarter Final Sunday 25th April

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Cagey said:

Last night's game was not suited for Spoony & Guy they are too good going forward to be defending from the front.

Mikey was a superb substitution. Just what was needed at the time. He should have scored two as well.

He had no right to win that corner that led to the equaliser.

I don't think there is another team in the world that would not have sunk to there knees & thought game over after Tavenier scored.

Yeah MOH has got some stick this season but he has played his part and worthy of staying in my opinion. He's got pace but also that strength to get to the byline. Done it on a number of occasions this year and dragged us back into games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A few Rangers fans were gracious in defeat, and I’ll take that. Celtic fans, however, can beat it. For them it’s not well done Saints, but haha Rangers. They must think we’re daft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's the odds against any team scoring a goal against a team of Rangers stature with the last kick of the ball in 2 games within 4 days. Rangers must be gutted.

On the subject of odds ,did anyone take the bookies up on the good odds they were offering ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

What's the odds against any team scoring a goal against a team of Rangers stature with the last kick of the ball in 2 games within 4 days. Rangers must be gutted.

On the subject of odds ,did anyone take the bookies up on the good odds they were offering ?.

I’m too much of a Shitebag to bet on Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, montrosesaintee said:

Just watched highlights AGAIN. Just wanted to note my appreciation for Jason's penalty, which was one of the most unstoppable pens I've ever seen.

All of our penalties were text book; how cool was McCann even with d/head McGregor trying to fase him?

Take that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, nickyg said:

Speaking of which what's the situation with Murray is he close to being fit?

Maybe already seen, but the Courier saying he's back in training this week.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

What's the odds against any team scoring a goal against a team of Rangers stature with the last kick of the ball in 2 games within 4 days. Rangers must be gutted.

On the subject of odds ,did anyone take the bookies up on the good odds they were offering ?.

I know someone who put a bet on Saints winning trophy a few days ago, at 35/1...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

40 Years 2 months and 11 days after the 3 -3 cup game at Muirton, revenge tastes very very sweet. 

My first game proper. Vaugley  recall my blue nose dad taking me along to a saints rangers game or two in the 70s. So when the above game came up I asked if I could go and brother said I could go with him but only if I supported saints, . so glad I did. Remember being squashed against the trackside barrier when saint's second and third went in. This led to many home n away games and as pre teenage it likely opened my eyes a wee bitty to life:). As mentioned above revenge is sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Wonder what Rooney said to Goldson to get his reaction.

Wondered that as well. He had a similar run in with Kamara on Wednesday . Was hoping he hadn't said anything injudicious with Goldson record of making claims against opponents.

Rooney is big gallas guy & you get worried about his windups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, andrew said:

A few Rangers fans were gracious in defeat, and I’ll take that. Celtic fans, however, can beat it. For them it’s not well done Saints, but haha Rangers. They must think we’re daft.

There are many decent Rangers fans who are indeed gracious in defeat, we probably all number  a few as friends.  However, there were plenty on their fan sites dishing out vile abuse towards Rooney, MOH and McCann for non football reasons.

Edited by south inch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, south inch said:

There are many decent Rangers fans who are indeed gracious in defeat, we probably all number  a few as friends.  However, there were plenty on their fan sites dishing out vile abuse towards Rooney, MOH and McCann for non football reasons.

I was meaning the ones I know, not the online warriors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, andrew said:

I was meaning the ones I know, not the online warriors.

Fair enough, one of my Rangers' pals has promised me a couple of drams tomorrow which I will undoubtedly return and before long we will probably have forgotten who won.

PS Outside ,of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, south inch said:

There are many decent Rangers fans who are indeed gracious in defeat, we probably all number  a few as friends.  However, there were plenty on their fan sites dishing out vile abuse towards Rooney, MOH and McCann for non football reasons.

I had no idea 2 of those were RC, and only knew MOH was because of previous hate from the Neanderthals. How do they even know who is what? Why does it matter?

All the more absurd if you noticed one of Sevco’s successful penalty takers blessed himself (I think it’s called) after scoring. The cross and kiss thing. I don’t speak religion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I had no idea 2 of those were RC, and only knew MOH was because of previous hate from the Neanderthals. How do they even know who is what? Why does it matter?

All the more absurd if you noticed one of Sevco’s successful penalty takers blessed himself (I think it’s called) after scoring. The cross and kiss thing. I don’t speak religion.

They may not be these guys go on the name.  I doubt if even MOH is a practicing RC, who cares?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, south inch said:

They may not be these guys go on the name.  I doubt if even MOH is a practicing RC, who cares?

The number of practising Christians, defined as attending services regularly, is now tiny in the UK, and is reputedly lower than the number of non-Christians who do. Imagine how thick you have to be to hate someone because the church they never go to is different to the one you never go to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I had no idea 2 of those were RC, and only knew MOH was because of previous hate from the Neanderthals. How do they even know who is what? Why does it matter?

All the more absurd if you noticed one of Sevco’s successful penalty takers blessed himself (I think it’s called) after scoring. The cross and kiss thing. I don’t speak religion.

He hides it well

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Rooney is a massive Celtic fan and doesn't hide it, so you can imagine what's been said to Rangers players over the last week.

I don't care who players support tbh, Clark is a massive Rangers fan yet just won us a cup game at Ibrox. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

 

All the more absurd if you noticed one of Sevco’s successful penalty takers blessed himself (I think it’s called) after scoring. The cross and kiss thing. I don’t speak religion.

Interesting that he made the sign of the cross after he scored. Reminds me of the old joke - priest comes across a guy effing and blinding because he can't get a tight wheel nut off to change a flat tyre.  Why don't we try a wee prayer instead says the priest.  OK says the guy , by this time past caring.  They bow heads and the priest intones a prayer for help.  First turn afterwards the nut comes off easy as pie.  "Bloody hell" says the priest.

No offence intended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Yeah Rooney is a massive Celtic fan and doesn't hide it, so you can imagine what's been said to Rangers players over the last week.

I don't care who players support tbh, Clark is a massive Rangers fan yet just won us a cup game at Ibrox. 

It certainly has no bearing on their efforts against either, although Zander has certainly played a blinder against Celtic a few times :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the highlights again this morning; wish there was more of the celebrations  to see. 

The pure joy when big Zander and McCann embraced with the team running towards them had me a bit emotional to be honest. What pride. What a team. 

What a shame the fans couldn't be there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

Agreed, but I also wonder what impact 40,000 orcs would have had on both sets of players - and the referee. I feel that football without fans has helped the underdog a bit at times.

Totally agree , they have influenced the ref and linesman for years and they know where they live. Disgusting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

Agreed, but I also wonder what impact 40,000 orcs would have had on both sets of players - and the referee. I feel that football without fans has helped the underdog a bit at times.

This. More than we may realize, said the same after the Hibs league cup semi.

Massed army of orcs puts the fear of god into yellow bellied refs.

Covid "the great equalizer" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...