St.Mirren V St.Johnstone - Scottish Cup Semi Final May 9th

SaintJet

16 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

This is worrying.

Not great, but it's all about perspective. You could now say that St Mirren would be favourites, thus taking some of that pressure off ourselves. Much prefer being the underdog. Could also look at our last result against a near full strength Hibs side - in which we were seven(?) off our strongest 11 - and won comfortably. Also, we were favoured to beat a covid hit Aberdeen earlier in the season and lost. 

Real shame this Covid outbreak has upset our build up but let's move on.

Come on, lets get back to looking forward to a huge game; these players will be charged up just now and ready for the battle ahead.

Our backroom staff will have a game plan and confidence our guys.

It's the weekend and we'll be able to have a few adult beverages tonight and tommorw to calm the nerves and be able to find out who the other finalists will be.

Enjoy and look forward to the game.

Come on St.Johnstone!

Im calm, but despondent. 

Is it the life of a saintee to always expect the worst?

Im fairly sure the team will not have been better prepared going into a semi, and they probably feel confident going into the game, but i wish o did.

Cant help but feel that eyes are being drawn to the "cup double" story, and the wheels are going to fall off tomorrow. 

I hope im wrong, just have this feeling.

(If its any consolation, i had the same feeling before the dundee tie)

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

C.o.y.s.

Message to the Team..

Do it for the players who are going to miss out.

Do it for the Fans.

Do it for the Club.

And....

Do it for yourselves , with a victory.

Make it difficult for the Manager to leave you out of the Final.

Good luck.

Thanks my phrase for the weekend "Do it" 

I will be shouting it at my TV :cool:

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

C.o.y.s.

Message to the Team..

Do it for the players who are going to miss out.

Do it for the Fans.

Do it for the Club.

And....

Do it for yourselves , with a victory.

Make it difficult for the Manager to leave you out of the Final.

Good luck.

Don’t forget - also do it for a chance to play in Europe against potentially a huge name and a share of a £3m windfall.

8 minutes ago, andrew said:

Don’t forget - also do it for a chance to play in Europe against potentially a huge name and a share of a £3m windfall.

Forget the money - Do it for the pride of being the team that was still in Europe at Christmas.

Euro fund in place just hope it is countries we can get into.

2 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

A win. Went away for the weekend down the coast with the wife for her birthday. We won the LC. By chance, tomorrow is my 50th. We're staying at the same seaside place. 

I haven't paid the damages at the hotel we last stayed.

Staying at different hotel.

Same result.

What you not going to control the wife this time away!!!

Guaranteed Europe if we win, thanks to Hibs victory today.

No idea what set up we go with. Presuming Parish, Craig, Davidson and May are out.

Think Clark, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Rooney, Bryson, McCann, Booth, and Wotherspoon are all stick ons.

So it's just what he does in attack. Pick two from Kane, Melamed, MOH, Middleton and Conway.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

No idea what set up we go with. Presuming Parish, Craig, Davidson and May are out.

Think Clark, Kerr, Gordon, McCart, Rooney, Bryson, McCann, Booth, and Wotherspoon are all stick ons.

So it's just what he does in attack. Pick two from Kane, Melamed, MOH, Middleton and Conway.

I thought that was us in Europe now since St Mirren and Livingston not allowed although I guess they could win an appeal. Tough game tomorrow but in with a chance. Would hope we go for a win midweek as well.

1 hour ago, Rob said:

I thought that was us in Europe now since St Mirren and Livingston not allowed although I guess they could win an appeal. Tough game tomorrow but in with a chance. Would hope we go for a win midweek as well.

I think we have to assume that they will appeal and win, I feel like so many of these decisions are based largely on keeping lawyers in profit.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Would not say it is guaranteed.  If St Mirren beat us (perish the thought and may I be forgiven for even saying the words) and go on to beat Hibs they are not going to pass up the chance of earning £3 million without a fight.

At least the one team which definitely could have denied us Europe has been removed from the equation.