Hibenian v St.Johnstone - Saturday 1st May

SaintJet

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Both

As was said above let 5th in the league go to Livi by saving players for the Scottish cup then lose the final to Hibs. Now we have egg on face and no Europe. We need the belt and braces. 

I'm not saying we give up on 5th, I'm saying you make sure your strongest 11 is fit and raring to go for the Semi as it's the priority. 

We don't have the depth to not play a fairly strong side, but the league games should be as much about making sure the whole squad is prepared to start the cup game, so fringe players need minutes. If Rooney gets injured v Celtic you're potentially looking at Brown starting at Hampden, you wouldn't want that if he's not started a game in a month.

Teams:

LINE-UPS from Easter Road Stadium

Hibernian v St Johnstone (15:00)

Hibernian: Marciano, Hanlon, Porteous, McGinn, Doig, Gogic, Irvine, Newell, Wright, Boyle, Doidge.

Substitutes: Macey, Gray, Magennis, Stevenson, Hallberg, McGregor, Bradley.

St Johnstone: Parish, Kerr, Gordon, Brown, McCart, Booth, Bryson, McCann, Middleton, O'Halloran, Kane.

Substitutes: Willis, Rooney, Davidson, Wotherspoon, Conway, May, Gilmour, Melamed.

8 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Teams:

LINE-UPS from Easter Road Stadium

Hibernian v St Johnstone (15:00)

Hibernian: Marciano, Hanlon, Porteous, McGinn, Doig, Gogic, Irvine, Newell, Wright, Boyle, Doidge.

Substitutes: Macey, Gray, Magennis, Stevenson, Hallberg, McGregor, Bradley.

St Johnstone: Parish, Kerr, Gordon, Brown, McCart, Booth, Bryson, McCann, Middleton, O'Halloran, Kane.

Substitutes: Willis, Rooney, Davidson, Wotherspoon, Conway, May, Gilmour, Melamed.

Only 8 sub's & young Ferguson not on bench.

We cannot finish higher than 5th and the only way 5th will qualify for Europe is if Hibs win the cup. I would therefore say on that basis that we should prioritise the cup. I would rather qualify for Europe through the cup as if  because if we get there through the league it would mean Hibs have won the cup.

Just said goodbye to the inlaws who were here for lunch had to through them out.

He has as some suggested rested players but not our key players Kerr Gordon McCart and McCann.

As previously stated we should have played our strongest team.