Covid outbreak at Mcdiarmid

THE LARK SAINT

3 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Middleton cup tied

1 minute ago, The Real Saints said:

No he isn’t. He has only played for us in this tournament.

Yeah, this. He couldn't play in the last round as it was Rangers and you can't play against your "parent club" while on loan, but is now eligible.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

An uptick in cases was always likely when the country started to open up. 

With the vulnerable and elderly largely vaccinated, most cases will probably go undiagnosed/untested and hopefully be nothing more than a few days feeling under the weather for the vast majority. 

Is The Loft open ?. Hope non of the guys have been frequenting hostelries when they just had to wait another couple of weeks.

4 hours ago, Rob said:

All just speculation about who it is. The danger here is more could test positive before the game. We've got a good team so not too concerned COYS.

I am a bit concerned about other players. Hopefully the contact tracing only shows up the 2 additional players. I guess that puts them in doubt if we make the final? They can't train...

16 hours ago, McCarry One Nil said:

Surely if you call yourself a Saints fan then you want the identities kept under wraps until the team lines are out on Sunday. Otherwise Goodwin can plan accordingly.

Yes we can say how shyte it is etc etc but you're no doing SJFC any favours as a fan disclosing any "true" info (not that I believe anything I read on here or anywhere else).

Possibly, but when players get injured before games the manager generally talks about it quite openly - I'm not sure why this is really any different.

It sometimes surprises me that managers go into so much detail before games about who's fit and who's not, for the very reasons you mention.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Apparently one player could play on Wednesday, and the rest will all be up for selection for a week on Saturday.

If the players were close contacts on Saturday at the game then the 10 days would be up on Tuesday. So i would think the 2 close contacts will be available 

18 hours ago, McCarry One Nil said:

Surely if you call yourself a Saints fan then you want the identities kept under wraps until the team lines are out on Sunday. Otherwise Goodwin can plan accordingly.

Yes we can say how shyte it is etc etc but you're no doing SJFC any favours as a fan disclosing any "true" info (not that I believe anything I read on here or anywhere else).

I suspect St Mirren knew before you. 

Players will talk and will share agents. If it is Liam there is also the fact that he is PFA Chairman so they would know via that group. I also suspect you will see who it is not when the pictures come out of the training that normally get publicised day before the game.

18 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

If he is “wondering” about the town, I wonder if he is considering staying for another season!!! 

I would imagine just filling his time rather than sitting looking at 4 walls in a hotel room.

27 minutes ago, mainstand said:

If the players were close contacts on Saturday at the game then the 10 days would be up on Tuesday. So i would think the 2 close contacts will be available 

Strange they are saying one may be available,why not 2,surely they had the same contact.

Also if they were 2.6 metres apart on the bus & wearing masks why are they deemed close contact. I assume snogging on the pitch without a mask after a goal is not considered close contact.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

I would imagine just filling his time rather than sitting looking at 4 walls in a hotel room.

He'll surely be in some Geoff Brown house by now with his other half. Lets hope all his wondering leads to him believing that Perths not too bad. Lets hope he likes hills and rain.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Strange they are saying one may be available,why not 2,surely they had the same contact.

Good point, presumably all 4 affected players were on the same bus.  It makes no sense that one close contact can play next week and the other can't.  Of course the statement that one can play will prove to be wrong.

Anybody well informed enough to know which players were on which bus?

10 minutes ago, south inch said:

Good point, presumably all 4 affected players were on the same bus.  It makes no sense that one close contact can play next week and the other can't.  Of course the statement that one can play will prove to be wrong.

Anybody well informed enough to know which players were on which bus?

Could be one player developed symptoms on the Saturday/Sunday, had their test this week, cane back positive and they now have to isolate for 10 days since start of symptoms.

Other 3 are close contacts so have to isolate for 10 days from last contact which is presumably Tuesday. 

58 minutes ago, mike_gain said:

Could be one player developed symptoms on the Saturday/Sunday, had their test this week, cane back positive and they now have to isolate for 10 days since start of symptoms.

Other 3 are close contacts so have to isolate for 10 days from last contact which is presumably Tuesday. 

2 players tested positive according to the club, 2 were close contacts.

1 hour ago, mike_gain said:

Trouble here, as always, is lack of clear cut information.  Could it be that one close contact is from a different and earlier source hence he can play next Wednesday?  The other player has been judged a close contact of the 2 positives.