Covid outbreak at Mcdiarmid

THE LARK SAINT

10 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

It is incredibly frustrating, but rules are rules (uglies excepted). I don't know the ins and outs, but I thought the whole point of vaccination was to stop the spread? And I assume the players have had 2? Anyway, hope it gives the players even more desire (as if needed) to get a win for their team mates.

Why would the players have been vaccinated?

It's being done by age group, and fit under 30s are at the bottom of that particular queue.

You cant buy a vaccination in the UK which is essentially what clubs would need to do. We are at the 40-50 age group in Scotland at the moment. I think certain medical conditions mean you can get the vaccine younger and I think younger people in Moray are also getting vaccinated to try and control an outbreak there. Basically a while until players get vaccinated.

40 minutes ago, Rob said:

You cant buy a vaccination in the UK which is essentially what clubs would need to do. We are at the 40-50 age group in Scotland at the moment. I think certain medical conditions mean you can get the vaccine younger and I think younger people in Moray are also getting vaccinated to try and control an outbreak there. Basically a while until players get vaccinated.

I got mine in the Borders 6 weeks ago and I’m 34 with no underlying issues. Wasn’t expecting it at all. 

I notice a video on Twitter of the saints squad arriving at Hampden going in the front entrance walking over from the car park, which would suggest that we followed the same route as Livi and ditched the team bus and went in players cars. 

Rooney complete with his massive beat box:laugh: 

Callum also saying in his after match interview that they may change processes and make players turn up directly on the training pitch with no entry inside the stadium, bring their own packed lunch and generally work their socks off to keep Covid out of the club. 

I thought it was just paper talk when Celtic said they were being forced to take 5 team buses to matches to ensure players were unable to be track and traced or one of the London clubs took 30 mercedes people carriers to a game in manchester, but obviously not as these are the kind of lengths clubs are having to go to to protect players. 

19 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I got mine in the Borders 6 weeks ago and I’m 34 with no underlying issues. Wasn’t expecting it at all. 

Heard of someone in their 20s who had no health conditions and is very fit and healthy but was called up in March to get it, they later discovered it was because the doctor had updated their weight but not height, which had not been updated since they were 10, the result was they were called up as being classed as morbidly obese. :roll:

18 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Heard of someone in their 20s who had no health conditions and is very fit and healthy but was called up in March to get it, they later discovered it was because the doctor had updated their weight but not height, which had not been updated since they were 10, the result was they were called up as being classed as morbidly obese. :roll:

Having managed GPs for many years this does not surprise me. You wonder how some of them can write, never mind enter data into a patents computer record. Some of them still hanker after the days when they scribbled unintelligible remarks into the paper records and hand written prescriptions.

Not all of course, some are sober.

20 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Did you get a phone call?  I know Borders take steps to ensure no vaccines are wasted and will scout round for replacement appointments if people do not turn up as expected.

9 minutes ago, south inch said:

Did you get a phone call?  I know Borders take steps to ensure no vaccines are wasted and will scout round for replacement appointments if people do not turn up as expected.

Yep, planned phone call from Doctors' Medical Centre to attend there.

Given about a weeks notice .

Daughter who is registered at same Medical Centre received blue envelope to attend at Dewars Centre.

1 minute ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Yep, planned phone call from Doctors' Medical Centre to attend there.

Given about a weeks notice .

Daughter who is registered at same Medical Centre received blue envelope to attend at Dewars Centre.

For those of you not yet vaxxed, it’s extremely well organised at Dewars, and the whole thing is a dawdle. The army are being used. I forgave the squaddie from Darn Sarf who gave me mine for having a giant butchers apron tattoo what with him saving my life and all.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I notice a video on Twitter of the saints squad arriving at Hampden going in the front entrance walking over from the car park, which would suggest that we followed the same route as Livi and ditched the team bus and went in players cars. 

Rooney complete with his massive beat box:laugh: 

Callum also saying in his after match interview that they may change processes and make players turn up directly on the training pitch with no entry inside the stadium, bring their own packed lunch and generally work their socks off to keep Covid out of the club. 

I thought it was just paper talk when Celtic said they were being forced to take 5 team buses to matches to ensure players were unable to be track and traced or one of the London clubs took 30 mercedes people carriers to a game in manchester, but obviously not as these are the kind of lengths clubs are having to go to to protect players. 

Celtic would need 5 buses for all their directors.

It got to the stage now that you almost think there is a crowd there With the cheers & clapping.

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson has banned his players from travelling to their final Scottish Premiership matches on buses this week in a bid to prevent any Covid-19 outbreaks before the Scottish Cup final against Hibernian after four members of his squad were ruled out by two positive coronavirus tests for the semi-final win over St Mirren. (The National)

Callum Davidson has admitted he had to close St Johnstone's training ground because of positive Covid-19 tests ahead of Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-finals as he faced biggest ever challenge as manager. (The Courier)

5 hours ago, mainstand said:

That's right. They put his height as 6.2cm as opposed to 6ft 2inches. Had something like a 30k BMI. Works out as roughly the height of Alan Moore or the BMI of Charlie Adam....

I doubt the club would want the players vaccinated during the season even if they could as they may have side effects etc.

Saints have been pretty good in the protocols, do could have been much much worse than it was. Let's hope mo one else tests positive now.

Was talking to a friend who has done a volunteer stint at Dewars and he was saying that only just over 100 turned up out of the 400 due whilst he was there!! From what he was hearing a lot of the under 50’s just don’t seem to think they need to bother to get the jag or have the decency to cancel their appointments.