Covid outbreak at Mcdiarmid

THE LARK SAINT

On 5/15/2021 at 9:09 PM, sixties saintee said:

Brother in law big blue blue nose just showed me picture o a bridge in Glasgow  fu o them nae social distincenceing  and no masks   and still nae action, if that had been outside McD they would be batoning them.

The statement from Police Scotland was an interesting read it more or less said if you are going to do something of this kind like celebrate a double cup win, they cant really stop you if there are thousands of you descending on a venue, but if it is a smaller crowd then they would. And if that large crowd had behaved and not started beating each other and bystanders up and generally doing what Rangers fans do then they would have been able to stay there but because of the violence they deployed the public order squads. 

Going by the pictures of the rangers players with the trophy in parties and pulling pints in an indoor bar etc, I think it was the Club as a whole that were also breaking the covid rules. 

23 minutes ago, mainstand said:

The statement from Police Scotland was an interesting read it more or less said if you are going to do something of this kind like celebrate a double cup win, they cant really stop you if there are thousands of you descending on a venue, but if it is a smaller crowd then they would. And if that large crowd had behaved and not started beating each other and bystanders up and generally doing what Rangers fans do then they would have been able to stay there but because of the violence they deployed the public order squads. 

Going by the pictures of the rangers players with the trophy in parties and pulling pints in an indoor bar etc, I think it was the Club as a whole that were also breaking the covid rules. 

It is basically a replication of what we have seen for decades - Celtic and Rangers fans get away with everything due to sheer numbers. If a fan of a less supported club responds to taunts or acts up they are instantly removed from the stadium etc.

As you mentioned, to be fair to the police there was nothing they could do and shouldn't be putting their officers in harms way during a pandemic. I think waiting until numbers had dwindled and trouble flared was the sensible approach. I imagine they will no be working through CCTV and social media to dish out the fines - the funny thing about anti-maskers is they are easier to catch :laugh:

9 hours ago, garydavidson said:

It is basically a replication of what we have seen for decades - Celtic and Rangers fans get away with everything due to sheer numbers. If a fan of a less supported club responds to taunts or acts up they are instantly removed from the stadium etc.

As you mentioned, to be fair to the police there was nothing they could do and shouldn't be putting their officers in harms way during a pandemic. I think waiting until numbers had dwindled and trouble flared was the sensible approach. I imagine they will no be working through CCTV and social media to dish out the fines - the funny thing about anti-maskers is they are easier to catch :laugh:

True.booze should have been banned for the day .

9 minutes ago, Willie Peat said:

The behaviour of the Rangers' fans is intolerable and the club should be held responsible. Maybe the answer would be for them to start next season at minus 30 points!

Correct .

It’s also about time we took back control of the union flag as well.

sheer affront to citizens of the uk. 

46 minutes ago, Willie Peat said:

The behaviour of the Rangers' fans is intolerable and the club should be held responsible. Maybe the answer would be for them to start next season at minus 30 points!

There is an easy way to stop this. Police announce that if fans turn up at Ibroke then Police Scotland will withdraw all police cover at Rangers games for a year meaning they can’t play at all for the next 12 months.

Disgusting what this lot get away with and tic no better.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

We have a player test positive and 3 others who are in close contact have to isolate Fleck test positive and only he has to isolate am I missing something

The fact Scotland are in Spain so are operating under different guidelines?

2 hours ago, Johnny B said:

We have a player test positive and 3 others who are in close contact have to isolate Fleck test positive and only he has to isolate am I missing something

2 weeks ago with the Covid rate in Glasgow standing at 58 per 100k ourselves and Hibs were refused permission to have a crowd of 600 in Hampden.  Today with a Covid rate of 128 per 100k in Glasgow it is now OK to allow 12,000 through the gates.  Am I missing something?

14 hours ago, south inch said:

2 weeks ago with the Covid rate in Glasgow standing at 58 per 100k ourselves and Hibs were refused permission to have a crowd of 600 in Hampden.  Today with a Covid rate of 128 per 100k in Glasgow it is now OK to allow 12,000 through the gates.  Am I missing something?

I'm missing wtf are we doing discussing this now....