Chris Kane

I have never been one for having a pop at individual players underperforming but I did have a dig at Chris after a series of howlers misses.

He is now a major cog in our success and must be one of the most improved players ever at saints.

Dont know what magic dust he has been on but hope their is some left for the final.

Well done Chris will never doubt your ability again. 

36 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

I have never been one for having a pop at individual players underperforming but I did have a dig at Chris after a series of howlers misses.

He is now a major cog in our success and must be one of the most improved players ever at saints.

Dont know what magic dust he has been on but hope their is some left for the final.

Well done Chris will never doubt your ability again. 

Samson confessed that he would lose his strength "if my head were shaved".

Delilah obviously got it wrong when Chris Kane slept.

The guy has found a new strength.

Congrats .

6 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

His movement, link up play and his ability to buy a foul is actually on par with Macca’s for me. 

He misses more chances though, but I’m willing to overlook that because he contributes so much!

I agree.

9 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

His movement, link up play and his ability to buy a foul is actually on par with Macca’s for me. 

He misses more chances though, but I’m willing to overlook that because he contributes so much!

Had a few efforts today, but Macca will sort out his trajectory.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

The ones who were calling  Chris aw sorts o name over the last couple o seasons would have been on there feet cheering him the day, they know who they are.

There are still a few that think if a striker is not scoring they are useless. They don't see the ugly side of being a striker.

A goal in the quarters. Goal in semi. Hopefully winning goal in final . 

A wee bit composure in front of goal will come once he get praise instead of abuse.

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

The ones who were calling  Chris aw sorts o name over the last couple o seasons would have been on there feet cheering him the day, they know who they are.

Thought the same earlier today. He was a young lad, and is now growing into a solid, experienced player. The thing with us is the goals from a few places, and that's a big part of this double final.

35 minutes ago, Cagey said:

There are still a few that think if a striker is not scoring they are useless. They don't see the ugly side of being a striker.

A goal in the quarters. Goal in semi.Ga Hopefully winning goal in final . 

A wee bit composure in front oabuses he had suffered is un f goal will come once he get praise instead of abuse.

Spot on Gagey , the abuse he has taken is terrible over the years.

12 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Not sure I'd go that far (Macca was probably the best I've seen in a Saints shirt at all of the above), but I was thinking yesterday that you can really see the impact of Macca's coaching on him this season. I don't think Kane's ever going to be a prolific goalscorer, but he seems to have become more streetwise this season. The way he annoys defenders, wins fouls, drags defenders away from his strike partner have all made him a really important part of our team. Might be imagining it but to me he looks like he's bulked up a bit this season as well.

Is he also benefitting from not having fans on his back? This season he's been able to just go out and play, and the pressure of being surrounded by fans has been lifted. I think the same could be true of Spoony, and possibly a few of our other players too. I think some teams (Celtic?) have gone backwards due to the lack of crowds, while for Saints it may actually have helped? 

Players can be villains one week, heros the next. MOH and Zander are another 2 who spring to mind. Definitely dont like the abuse players get. We are supporters who should be supporting our team. I think its all right to be critical when it deserves it, we are all armchair critics but the abuse is too much. For me abuse shouldnt come with the job of being a football player. Think its probably been massively beneficial for our players to have been cut a bit of slack and just play this season. Sunday saw a very Chris Kane goal, those are the types he scores. Getting into the right area and those little touches to divert the ball.