Season tickets

blueheaven

14 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Surely this is discrimation against the aulder Saints supporter most will not have a clue how to go about it I include myself in this.

I'm sure if you have any issues the club will be able to help over the phone.

I think the real big shift is the abandonment of pay-at-the-gate. It's been coming for a while of course, but the adjustment to having to buy an online ticket in advance will be a quite a big change for some people.

8 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think the real big shift is the abandonment of pay-at-the-gate. It's been coming for a while of course, but the adjustment to having to buy an online ticket in advance will be a quite a big change for some people.

Also totally unnecessary.

If they were worried about people gathering at the stadium, they could have set something temporary up in the city centre, Tesco car park or muirton Asda car park. Or if they really want folks money, all three!!

42 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Also totally unnecessary.

If they were worried about people gathering at the stadium, they could have set something temporary up in the city centre, Tesco car park or muirton Asda car park. Or if they really want folks money, all three!!

I think they are just taking the opportunity to go cashless. Cash handling is an expensive and insecure process. If you’re young, this won’t faze you at all. If you’re older, this will be a pain for some, and possibly very difficult for total tech resisters.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

They could sell tickets at the Saints Lotto outlets.

Just block off a section in the stadium from the on line booking.

Folk could get a ticket right up to kick off on the day. 

Saints will have to collect cash from the outlets so it shouldn’t matter if it is more cash for some ticket sales.

At least now everyone will have a seat number. Pre-Covid there was a situation with seats being sold online, and people paying at the gate sitting in those same seats (because there was no way of knowing what seats had been booked). It was a bit of a mess.

Now that Saints have got their act together with STs what chance we could get the new strips out PDQ to take advantage of the mood of fans ,regardless of the result tomorrow. Hopefully this time we get an away strip that doesn't clash with opposition blue strip.

On 5/21/2021 at 9:30 PM, Cagey said:

Now that Saints have got their act together with STs what chance we could get the new strips out PDQ to take advantage of the mood of fans ,regardless of the result tomorrow. Hopefully this time we get an away strip that doesn't clash with opposition blue strip.

Slightly off topic ,  re-strips you mention above.

To "get their act together", could Saints or their suppliers ( of strips ) possibly quote sizes in inches, e.g.  chest measurement/length , instead of S. M. L. XL. XxL.?

Or at least put the measurements against the 5 I mention above.

Not rocket science , as on-line clothes retailers websites already show the info.

On 5/21/2021 at 2:08 PM, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

They could sell tickets at the Saints Lotto outlets.

Just block off a section in the stadium from the on line booking.

Folk could get a ticket right up to kick off on the day. 

Saints will have to collect cash from the outlets so it shouldn’t matter if it is more cash for some ticket sales.

The nissan garage opposite McD is to close later this month. Club should buy the building and set up a club shop and ticket office there. Cost would be minimal as showroom pretty much set up for an easy convert to a shop and as close to the stadium as you could possibly get.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

To "get their act together", could Saints or their suppliers ( of strips ) possibly quote sizes in inches, e.g.  chest measurement/length , instead of S. M. L. XL. XxL.?

Not rocket science , as on-line clothes retailers websites already show the info.

You forgot dumpey size.

1 minute ago, TheYellowBox said:

The nissan garage opposite McD is to close later this month. Club should buy the building and set up a club shop and ticket office there. Cost would be minimal as showroom pretty much set up for an easy convert to a shop and as close to the stadium as you could possibly get.

Ridiculous idea in my opinion. The cost of the building and the rates would be insane. Brick and mortar shops as a concept are goosed. 

A ticket office is unnecessary, and if Saints want to sell more merchandise, there are plenty of retailers in Perth that they could speak to, to try and get onboard with. 

1 minute ago, Pat McGroin said:

Ridiculous idea in my opinion. The cost of the building and the rates would be insane. Brick and mortar shops as a concept are goosed. 

A ticket office is unnecessary, and if Saints want to sell more merchandise, there are plenty of retailers in Perth that they could speak to, to try and get onboard with. 

I dont think it would be expensive. If not saints, then the building will be left to rot. No one else will go there and it will just end up flats. 

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Macron are an Italian company, so when you see XL on the label, it's actually UK Large, and so 42". Sure loads of people have been caught out by this and look like they've tattoo'd the shirt on!

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

Pop-Up shops are the way ahead .... capture the moment, avoid getting staid..... 

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

I dont think it would be expensive. If not saints, then the building will be left to rot. No one else will go there and it will just end up flats. 

Agree,it will end up like the meat plant next door. Can see it all being flattened & used for housing.

6 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Macron are an Italian company, so when you see XL on the label, it's actually UK Large, and so 42". Sure loads of people have been caught out by this and look like they've tattoo'd the shirt on!

Pop-Up shops are the way ahead .... capture the moment, avoid getting staid..... 

There’s a reason these places sit empty. They’re expensive. 

It’s available to buy for a cool £850k.

C5A33559-A20B-48DB-8E60-F19A050B0768.png

11 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Can't guarantee this applies to Saints shirts, but you might find this helpful: https://macronstorewrexham.co.uk/macron-size-guide/

10 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Saints already own a huge amount of land - why pay expensive rates for an external property a stone's throw from the stadium when they could set something up at McDiarmid Park if they really wanted to? 

I don't see the point in Saints doing this unless it's in the town centre. And even then I think it would probably end up being a drain on resources.

4 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Saints already own a huge amount of land - why pay expensive rates for an external property a stone's throw from the stadium when they could set something up at McDiarmid Park if they really wanted to? 

I don't see the point in Saints doing this unless it's in the town centre. And even then I think it would probably end up being a drain on resources.

Plenty empty property that a good rent could be negotiated but the rates would kill it.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I agree. If you REALLY wanted to set something up, a mobile van would be a better move, but in this day and age, it’s all pointless when the internet exists 

7 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I agree. If you REALLY wanted to set something up, a mobile van would be a better move, but in this day and age, it’s all pointless when the internet exists 

Very true, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a pop-up fan zone or shop (remember they tried it for xmas one time), or anything, something, but something that goes into the shires even..... but like you say, with a club our size many of the ideas are pointless and become a drain on resources. I remember the threads on here where we'd all suggest ways the club could improve...... i think the club has shut us up with a double! :)

Club should do everything they can to milk this success.  I dont buy football shirts for anyone other than my son and even then quite often wait until they drop in price but would buy the double cup winners shirt for both of us if they put this back on sale. Unlike other shirts this one is timeless, realistically probably never repeated. Definitely one to have. And another DVD surely.

On 5/24/2021 at 10:59 AM, Pat McGroin said:

You could do an ice cream/fish van type thing! Drive around Perth during the week, when the saints go marching in as its little chime. Instead of "Mum, Mum, Mum...can I get £2 for some sweets' it'll be...'Mum, Mum, Mum...can I get £32 for a ticket and scarf?'!