Season tickets

blueheaven

After we won the Cup in 2014 our average attendance went up by about 800. Would be interesting to know how many of those were new season ticket holders, and how many season ticket holders we had that year.

The following season (15/16) the average attendance dropped back down to almost exactly what it was in 13/14.

Figures here, going back to 06/07: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/st-johnstone-fc/besucherzahlenentwicklung/verein/2578

Would be good to see average attendances going back beyond that, if anyone has a source.

2 hours ago, garydavidson said:

Sounds promising, although saints being saints, vague as to how many.

I think if we get 2k ST's we will be doing very well, anything above that would be fantastic.

I'd say the core home support is 2-2.5k on average for home games. To get near that with just ST's would be great and there will still be pay on the day fans too.

Really we dont know what is going to happen come start of the season with large gatherings so I guess there are still a lot reluctant to spend £300+ on a Season ticket. Once we get closer to Season start and picture becomes clearer Id expect a few more to be sold. 

Spreading the crowd around the stadium seems a bit of a logistical nightmare. 

Received  an e mail to buy a season ticket from Ayr United.

told them to fuq off.

must have been that on line ticket buying scheme from the cup game doon there last year that prompted this shit.

butlins Ayr is also pish

4 hours ago, chips said:

Just had a look at the season ticket allocation on the official site... they ain't joking when they say that there's been an amazing response for next season. It'll be very interesting to get the official numbers once they close ticket sales 

Sales going really well, saints fans back in numbers, currently around 1500 reserved in East Stand and 400 in main.

Will drop a few when last years held and not renewed comes in but hopefully that won’t be many.

Definately heading North of 2000 sales hopefully a lot more still to sign up.

3 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Sales going really well, saints fans back in numbers, currently around 1500 reserved in East Stand and 400 in main.

Will drop a few when last years held and not renewed comes in but hopefully that won’t be many.

I missed a couple of seasons in 40 odd years and last season 

My income has reduced in last 2 years but I am looking to renew 

Just waiting a bit to see if 

I will apply for credit option as can't afford up front payment

Also dragging my heals a bit with one eye on Pandemic restrictions 

54 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I missed a couple of seasons in 40 odd years and last season 

My income has reduced in last 2 years but I am looking to renew 

Just waiting a bit to see if 

I will apply for credit option as can't afford up front payment

Also dragging my heals a bit with one eye on Pandemic restrictions 

Good on you.... Covid (or future strains) isn't going to go away. Once governments and the public realise this, things will relax a bit in terms of restrictions and media scaremongering. I reckon there will be limits on attendances, but it will not affect season ticket holders given our relatively low number. 

14 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

I see that Saints have extended the renewal period again. If they're doing that, it may be that there's more than we think. 

40 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

I see that Saints have extended the renewal period again. If they're doing that, it may be that there's more than we think. 

I think they’ve been having pretty big issues with the system. Suspect it’s to stop people inadvertently losing their seat more than anything else 

38 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I think they’ve been having pretty big issues with the system. Suspect it’s to stop people inadvertently losing their seat more than anything else 

good point.....I would hope that the vast majority of renewals would be on-board again.

I think the season ticket big seller due to the uncertainty of letting crowds in should be the access to all home matches on Saints tv. I know there are games in the cup etc you have to pay for. Last season worked well and got better as they gained experience. They all did a wonderful job.

19 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Just broke through the 2000 barrier.

Just under 1600 in the East and just over 400 in the Main.

Solid wall of blue being created, be great when we can all sit together again.

I wonder what number we would need to hit that would stop it being viable to move all of the season ticket holders out of the East Stand for OF games.

I guess with social distancing the club might need to put a pause on that policy for this season anyway.