St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

Well here it is; the Scottish Cup Final thread 2021!

What an achievement for St.Johnstone to contest the second cup final of the season having won the league cup earlier.

The rewards for winning this cup are eye watering - the stakes could never be higher. History is at our door.

Over the next 10 days we'll know who's available to play, who everyone wants to start and why fans can't be present.

There will be poignant memories to share and plans on how and where we're going to watch.

Let's hear you Saints. 

8 minutes ago, Saline Saint said:

Story on BBC Scotland news coming up,could Pitodrie be used for the cup final to allow supporters to attend,anyone heard of this being a prospect?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57062689

Can't see it happening now that the SFA own Hampden, and that they're a bunch of cunts.

It would appear that Aberdeen's offer would allow 500 spectators into the ground.

So 250 each team but then if that includes directors, sponsors etc then further reduced.

How do the clubs allocate  who goes.

Also to consider financial implications - I may be wrong here but sure I read or heard somewhere that 2014 final at Celtic Park was a money spinner for only one club Celtic to the detriment of both finalists.

Consider players as well - they would like to play a final in National Stadium.

The program for the final is up for sale:

https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/collections/scotland/products/st-johnstone-wish-you-were-here-version-scottish-cup-final-2021

https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/collections/scotland/products/hibernian-vs-st-johnstone-scottish-cup-final-2021

£6 for the normal program or £10 to have your name printed in one: You can reserve your copy of the official 2020-21 Scottish Cup Final programme for £10 and have your name published within the commemorative edition on a ‘Wish You Were Here’ roll call for supporters.

1 hour ago, california_saintee said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57062689

Can't see it happening now that the SFA own Hampden, and that they're a bunch of cunts.

That covers it. Uefa say that they have given SFA permission to use stadium after 24th May. Doesn't say they have banned fans.

Cormack would be offering the stadium to make money.

Think it's a bit late to organising tickets etc for fans & allocating who gets in.

The least they could do was let players & coaches family & friends in ,up to maybe a maximum of 6 each. I am sure they could safely manage about 150 for each team.

I actually don't think Saints would want it moved to Pittodrie. The players/coaches will want it at Hampden, not just for the experience but for the psychology: we know we can win there and we know we can win with no fans. Is it really worth disrupting that for an offer that would only allow a few hundred fans in?

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

The program for the final is up for sale:

https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/collections/scotland/products/st-johnstone-wish-you-were-here-version-scottish-cup-final-2021

https://www.ignitionsportsmedia.com/collections/scotland/products/hibernian-vs-st-johnstone-scottish-cup-final-2021

£6 for the normal program or £10 to have your name printed in one: You can reserve your copy of the official 2020-21 Scottish Cup Final programme for £10 and have your name published within the commemorative edition on a ‘Wish You Were Here’ roll call for supporters.

I bought the semi final "programme", it was only £4.00 incl postage, BUT it was a complete and utter waste of cash, as in, garbage. 

5 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I actually don't think Saints would want it moved to Pittodrie. The players/coaches will want it at Hampden, not just for the experience but for the psychology: we know we can win there and we know we can win with no fans. Is it really worth disrupting that for an offer that would only allow a few hundred fans in?

Agreed, these players have already played a final this year. They are mentally prepared. Three visits to Hampden already. Lifted themselves from the foot of the table to top six, and a good squad rotation going on, gives us options and experience. Bring on the Hibees. We are the diddies and are here to stay!

All involved should move heaven and earth to get any amount of fans into the game. Couldn't care where they played it so long as fans can get there. Preference would be Hampden so we'd get both the Hampden final and probably most distanced fans, but could be south inch for all I care.

It appears the SFA haven't really tried at all. UEFA now saying they didnt say no fans. Should have sent an e-mail to all clubs or all with a decent capacity and asked who could hold the final and take it from there. Darryl Broadfoot on Sportsound was an utter disgrace. 

No, Aberdeen will not be offering to do it for free, but if there is a cost, the SFA should meet it as it is them who is making the cash from Hampden all the other times.

If all options have not been explored already it's a disgrace. If they dont really put effort in, then they really dont care about the game. 

Wish it was starting a bit later, but 9am here in Cleveland we will have a wee gathering of brits with beer and bacon sarnies.

Will have a Birmingham city fan,  Liverpool and a couple of County Mayo boys, (who are more interested in hurling), big community from there where I live.

Will Saints be wearing blue or yellow, they have been first on the listings Ive seen.

2 weeks doesnt seem long enough to roll out another cup final shirt for public sale but it could be good seller after. Id like to see the League Cup Final shirt being worn.

Having both teams play their semi-finals at Hampden , how could they possibly refuse to let the players play the final there?

As much as I'd like to be at the game , I'd rather the game was played at Hampden without fans than played at the Pittodriedump with 500 fans.

Obviously I'd like as many fans as possible to be allowed in. 

SFA now talking to UEFA to see if they can get fans in as the FA in England may be using Wembley for the Champions League final. 

Obviously last year the final was scheduled for May9, 2 weeks before the last SPFL match, which based on May 17, being the day we move to level 2, would not still not have allowed fans in.  I don't understand what work UEFA have to do that requires 4 weeks and cant be accommodated round 10,000 fans coming in for just one day.

Murrayfield is another option and given that they have a British Lions match in June, I can't see them having much in the way of remedial pitch work going on. Which really means that there is one reason why there is no change and that is money.

12 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I agree with you completely. If playing at Pittodrie with a full house was an option that would sway me but only a handful of fans from each side at that soulless place doesn't cut it for me. 

The SFA have been caught with their pants down again and there is absolutely no reason there can't be 500 fans from each side minimum at Hampden. It shows why the SFA have no respect from anyone in the game. I listened to Darryl Broadfoot too last night - (he's that obsequious mouth piece for them) and it was embarressing. Well done to the BBC for calling him out on it - UEFA did not ban fans from Hampden and did not put restrictions on the SFA - it was down to complete disinterest and incompetance. My guess is that approx 1000 fans from each team will be allowed in to Hampden but I expect this really gain traction from the media in the next couple of days.

10 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

I agree with you completely. If playing at Pittodrie with a full house was an option that would sway me but only a handful of fans from each side at that soulless place doesn't cut it for me. 

The SFA have been caught with their pants down again and there is absolutely no reason there can't be 500 fans from each side minimum at Hampden. It shows why the SFA have no respect from anyone in the game. I listened to Darryl Broadfoot too last night - (he's that obsequious mouth piece for them) and it was embarressing. Well done to the BBC for calling him out on it - UEFA did not ban fans from Hampden and did not put restrictions on the SFA - it was down to complete disinterest and incompetance. My guess is that approx 1000 fans from each team will be allowed in to Hampden but I expect this really gain traction from the media in the next couple of days.

Would you want to go to Hampden with 500 other people, sitting alone, spaced 5 seats apart from the next person in all directions or whatever? No singing, clinical atmosphere. 

Honestly, I’d rather be in a beer garden. Even if it was 3000-4000 people all socially distanced, it would be joyless. 

Give me football normally or keep things as they are. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

33 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Would you want to go to Hampden with 500 other people, sitting alone, spaced 5 seats apart from the next person in all directions or whatever? No singing, clinical atmosphere. 

Honestly, I’d rather be in a beer garden. Even if it was 3000-4000 people all socially distanced, it would be joyless. 

Give me football normally or keep things as they are. 

Disagree with that- to be at the game in person would be hugely special to me anyway and if there was say 2000 Saintees allowed in a fine reward for the season ticket holders that backed the club this year.

Edited by SlickDT

20 minutes ago, SlickDT said:

Disagree with that- to be at the game in person would be hugely special to me anyway and if there was say 2000 Saintees allowed in a fine reward for the season ticket holders that backed the club this year.

I'd have to agree to this; even if it was 1000 fellow fans. Being able to express your adulation to the team who mean so much to you is special. I've said this many times before especially at away games; when the team come towards you to share that bond at the end of the game, that emotion can't be beaten.

Remember too we haven't been able to express our support and gratitude for this team in over a year. I for one will be very emotional when that day comes irrespective of the cup final result.

3 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I'd have to agree to this; even if it was 1000 fellow fans. Being able to express your adulation to the team who mean so much to you is special. I've said this many times before especially at away games; when the team come towards you to share that bond at the end of the game, that emotion can't be beaten.

Remember too we haven't been able to express our support and gratitude for this team in over a year. I for one will be very emotional when that day comes irrespective of the cup final result.

You aren’t even allowed to shout or sing though, because that increases the risk of virus spread. It’ll be “sit there quietly with a mask on” for 90 mins. 

you can guarantee that will be policed militantly up here. 

for me, football is a social game. Have a few drinks. Celebrate, get angry, do a bit of singing and shouting.

Remove that from the game and it’s a pretty bland experience. 

The crowd at these big games make it special, being there with friends and family make it memorable.