St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

21 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Assuming we don't get to go to the match ... can I ask what people's plans are for watching it? At home with friends/family, or heading out to a beer garden or pub somewhere? There don't seem to be all that many open options in Perth unfortunately.

Well done bluehaven, you read my mind.

What are the plans for watching this game in Perth? Can't see many pubs showing it inside under guidance etc. ( No volume on Televisions etc. and strict social distancing) . Are there any pubs likely to plan an outdoor event?

Should the club be entertaining the idea of setting up a "fanzone" with screens? Remember a few weeks later Trafalgar Square is being set up for the England v Scotland game.

I for one would be happy to come through to Perth to watch with my fellow Saintees.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Assuming we don't get to go to the match ... can I ask what people's plans are for watching it? At home with friends/family, or heading out to a beer garden or pub somewhere? There don't seem to be all that many open options in Perth unfortunately.

Heading up from the Borders to Perth, we’re booked into the Cherrybank. 

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

At home with a fridge full of beer, no options at all in Glenrothes

3 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Suspect if we got 250 tickets first dibs would go to players families which would leave even less for ticket ballot.

Just wondering how you can put warm tickets in a  tumbola!

It will be the select few chief.a bit like the freebie complementaries given to certain people that did buses at Barossa.we ken who the were.

also the European away games allocation for charter flights seemed a bit suss.

Not to mention if ye ken the right people ye won’t have to pay into away games.

Dodgy practices been going on for years .

2 minutes ago, slf said:

It will be the select few chief.a bit like the freebie complementaries given to certain people that did buses at Barossa.we ken who the were.

also the European away games allocation for charter flights seemed a bit suss.

Not to mention if ye ken the right people ye won’t have to pay into away games.

Dodgy practices been going on for years .

Buying hi viz  vest with steward on the back might be a better way to obtain entry.be arrogant and just brass neck it.

14 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Hope it's a fair draw of season ticket holders and not the old cronies.

Exactly this. If I miss out to a fellow season ticket holder then so be it. If it became clear it was a select few or a general sale/lucky dip it would be the last season ticket I ever purchase.

Although I think it will probably be season ticket holders, you have to remember that there is potentially a number of people who couldn't afford a season ticket this year, or perhaps just didn't want to get one due to income uncertainty. Having said that, I don't like the idea of part time fans getting tickets.

Also, I'm sure hibs have a larger number of season ticket holders. So would the split of however many fan get in be 50/50? Or done by a percentage of average season tickets/attendance?

In summary, no idea how to make it completely fair.

Just now, skivealive said:

Although I think it will probably be season ticket holders, you have to remember that there is potentially a number of people who couldn't afford a season ticket this year, or perhaps just didn't want to get one due to income uncertainty. Having said that, I don't like the idea of part time fans getting tickets.

Also, I'm sure hibs have a larger number of season ticket holders. So would the split of however many fan get in be 50/50? Or done by a percentage of average season tickets/attendance?

In summary, no idea how to make it completely fair.

It’ll be 50/50. Both clubs will comfortably sell out their allocation regardless, I’m sure we have a right to 50/50. 

will probably be 1000 suits in attendance, so might get 1000 each at best 

46 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Hope it's a fair draw of season ticket holders and not the old cronies.

It should not be a draw.

When season tickets were renewed/bought all indications were that if crowds were allowed back into matches at McD  with a limited attendance then those getting in would be based on when you ordered and purchased your season ticket.

If 250 then the first 250 who purchased

If 1000 then first 1000  who purchased.

We were all given an order number at time of purchase so will not be difficult for club to contact those concerned.

Would be rather annoyed if it were any other method used to select those attending.

17 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Organisers can submit proposals for larger crowds and, with the Uefa waiver granted, the SFA have made a request to the Scottish government for between 1,500 and 3,000 spectators to attend.

Too little too late. This should have happened weeks ago .It wasn't til someone asked Uefa why there couldn't be fans & they said SFA hadn't asked.

SFA are a disgrace. Overmanned,overpaid & useless. Where is all the sponsorship gone. Surely they could get someone to pay a few quid to get their name on TV, spots news etc etc.

23 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

It should not be a draw.

When season tickets were renewed/bought all indications were that if crowds were allowed back into matches at McD  with a limited attendance then those getting in would be based on when you ordered and purchased your season ticket.

We were all given an order number at time of purchase so will not be difficult for club to contact those concerned.

Would be rather annoyed if it were any other method used to select those attending.

Ah good point I had forgotten about that. Not something I worried about not being a season ticket holder.

37 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

It should not be a draw.

That was true for home games.

This couldn’t be further removed from a home game. 

35 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

It should not be a draw.

37 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

It should not be a draw.

Best way but many in the first say 1250 may not want a ticket for whatever reason. Not much time to sort them out.