St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

14 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Would you want to go to Hampden with 500 other people, sitting alone, spaced 5 seats apart from the next person in all directions or whatever? No singing, clinical atmosphere. 

Honestly, I’d rather be in a beer garden. Even if it was 3000-4000 people all socially distanced, it would be joyless. 

Give me football normally or keep things as they are. 

I’ve watched Saints at Hampden in the cup before in the 80’s,only 800 ish there,  got beat 1-0 by Queens  Park, so I’ll be going if lucky enough to get a ticket , might even give you a ton for yours :lol:

19 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

I can't wait to read what the club do, it will define them, and us!

A lot will depend on the number of tickets released (assuming the SFA agree to any fans). If, say, 7,500 were released for Saints & 7,500 for Hibs, then that would cover Saints obligation to Sponsors' & season ticket holders, plus a few thousand general. But that is pure speculation, and still won't keep everyone happy. If Hibs were to get a bigger allocation, then shit would hit the fan (even though they have much bigger season ticket holders), and then there is the scalping thing. I have no doubt Saints fans would fork out £5k for a ticket (maybe more), and even matching a season ticket number to a final ticket, people would get round that.

It’s got to be done on the basis of loyalty. How to make that work is going to be difficult, especially given the short time available, but there shouldn’t be any debate about this in principle. 

FWIW, I’d allocate them to: 1/ A couple each for players and officials. 2/ Those who bought a ST this season. 3/ Front line workers in Perth area (most of the Brits Awards tickets were allocated this way tonight). 

The amount of shite housing regarding ticket's across social media amongst Saints fans is sickening, a few arguments already of who deserves to be at the game and who doesn't, kinda my dicks bigger than your d*** type posts.

This is just my opinion on the matter, like everyone I'd love to be there at the game but this really isn't going to be an option for us all. Football for me isn't JUST about what's happening on the pitch (though it's a bonus) it's sharing days like this with your family and friends, the whole build up, the planning of the actual day out and of course sharing the emotions as the game unfolds. It's obvious just how monumental this game is but due to the circumstances I'd rather be sharing this day in a pub/beer garden etc with a bunch of folk I've known for many many years and like me have been on the St Johnstone roller coaster throughout that time. It's really just a sad part of how life is at the moment surrounding the pandemic 

As stated just my opinion, good luck to whoever gets a ticket though. 

Edited by chips

16 minutes ago, chips said:

The amount of shite housing regarding ticket's across social media amongst Saints fans is sickening, a few arguments already of who deserves to be at the game and who doesn't, kinda my dicks bigger than your d*** type posts.

This is just my opinion on the matter, like everyone I'd love to be there at the game but this really isn't going to be an option for us all. Football for me isn't JUST about what's happening on the pitch (though it's a bonus) it's sharing days like this with your family and friends, the whole build up, the planning of the actual day out and of course sharing the emotions as the game unfolds. It's obvious just how monumental this game is but due to circumstances I'd rather be sharing this day in a pub/beer garden etc with a bunch of folk I've known for many many years and like me have been on the St Johnstone roller coaster throughout that time. It's really just a sad part of the circumstances of how life is at the moment surrounding the pandemic 

Agree 100% .Give that man a ticket .

2 hours ago, chips said:

This is just my opinion on the matter, like everyone I'd love to be there at the game but this really isn't going to be an option for us all. Football for me isn't JUST about what's happening on the pitch (though it's a bonus) it's sharing days like this with your family and friends, the whole build up, the planning of the actual day out and of course sharing the emotions as the game unfolds. It's obvious just how monumental this game is but due to the circumstances I'd rather be sharing this day in a pub/beer garden etc with a bunch of folk I've known for many many years and like me have been on the St Johnstone roller coaster throughout that time. It's really just a sad part of how life is at the moment surrounding the pandemic 

Brilliant post Chips!

I started reading some of the negativity around who would gets tickets and the moaning about who deserves and who doesn't and my heart sank.

We are St.Johnstone. We all want to be there but that won't happen. I'll be chuffed for those of us who mange to get selected and like the rest of our great support I'll be cheering on the boys in front of the telly - hopefully in Perth if someone can find a suitable venue.

7 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

A lot will depend on the number of tickets released (assuming the SFA agree to any fans). If, say, 7,500 were released for Saints & 7,500 for Hibs, then that would cover Saints obligation to Sponsors' & season ticket holders, plus a few thousand general. But that is pure speculation, and still won't keep everyone happy. If Hibs were to get a bigger allocation, then shit would hit the fan (even though they have much bigger season ticket holders), and then there is the scalping thing. I have no doubt Saints fans would fork out £5k for a ticket (maybe more), and even matching a season ticket number to a final ticket, people would get round that.

The likely number is 3000,That was the chat on sportsound last night

When on to day by the time a team takes 2 or 3 hundred of the 1500 for sponsors players wife's and all the rest fans will be left with 1200 to scrap for

No chance of your figures being allowed I'm afraid 

16 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

When on to day by the time a team takes 2 or 3 hundred of the 1500 for sponsors players wife's and all the rest fans will be left with 1200 to scrap for

1,200 would mean every Saints ticket holder could get one. They could either go or pass to a friend.

2 hours ago, rickardo said:

Agree 100% .Give that man a ticket .

Awe cheers but I'd decline the offer, sad but true. Already sorted for a day out with a few mates where we'll take in the occasion with many a beer and singalong (been a long time) I'll take this any day over sitting myself in a near empty stadium under strict sanitisation rules. 

I think the easiest, quickest and fairest way to do it will be to pick the first XX number of season ticket holders who bought their tickets for this season, and ask them if they want a ticket. When someone says no, the next person on the list gets offered. No fan is more "deserving" than any other fan, but it's always been the understanding that buying a season ticket gives you priority for matches with limited numbers and I can't see why this would be any different.

I know some people who can't go are suggesting they'd take a ticket and pass it to a friend or sell it on, but I wonder if Covid protocols will mean the tickets will be named and untransferable. That's just me speculating though.

There's also the question of whether there's even really enough time left to organise all this. Will tickets be posted to people (in which case they basically need to be posted very, very soon) or will they ask fans to go to the ground to collect (which creates a problem for people not based in Perth).

I have a season ticket this year but I have to admit I'm in two minds about whether I'd take one if offered. I'd have to get public transport to Glasgow on my own and then sit in the stadium on my own. And if the Covid rules are similar to the test events earlier in the season, we'll all have to sit in silence with masks on. I'm just not sure if that sounds preferable to watching it from home with friends and family. 

41 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

That's nasty. Hibs will have to do a lottery. 

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I have a season ticket this year but I have to admit I'm in two minds about whether I'd take one if offered. I'd have to get public transport to Glasgow on my own and then sit in the stadium on my own. And if the Covid rules are similar to the test events earlier in the season, we'll all have to sit in silence with masks on. I'm just not sure if that sounds preferable to watching it from home with friends and family. 

It'd be a very easy choice if I had the opportunity... It's a one-off, lifetime situation- make that a one-off 137-year situation, regardless of result. 

And if Saints win, would you really want to say to great-grandkids (or whatever), "nah, didn't go, preferred to get smashed in Davie's front room"??? 

I'm sure it would be a great session with friends/ family, but to me it would be madness to turn down such an offer. 90 minutes (or however long) to potentially see the greatest day in Saints history????? 

24 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think the easiest, quickest and fairest way to do it will be to pick the first XX number of season ticket holders who bought their tickets for this season, and ask them if they want a ticket. When someone says no, the next person on the list gets offered. No fan is more "deserving" than any other fan, but it's always been the understanding that buying a season ticket gives you priority for matches with limited numbers and I can't see why this would be any different.

I know some people who can't go are suggesting they'd take a ticket and pass it to a friend or sell it on, but I wonder if Covid protocols will mean the tickets will be named and untransferable. That's just me speculating though.

There's also the question of whether there's even really enough time left to organise all this. Will tickets be posted to people (in which case they basically need to be posted very, very soon) or will they ask fans to go to the ground to collect (which creates a problem for people not based in Perth).

I think collecting might be a problem. I don't think we want anymore Covid at McDiarmid.

15 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

It'd be a very easy choice if I had the opportunity... It's a one-off, lifetime situation- make that a one-off 137-year situation, regardless of result. 

And if Saints win, would you really want to say to great-grandkids (or whatever), "nah, didn't go, preferred to get smashed in Davie's front room"??? 

I'm sure it would be a great session with friends/ family, but to me it would be madness to turn down such an offer. 90 minutes (or however long) to potentially see the greatest day in Saints history????? 

I'd rather share the moment of history with family, including my dad who I've gone to games with for 10+ years, than sit on my own in a stadium and not even be allowed to applaud.

Guess everyone will have different opinions, but for me the best memories are shared.

34 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

That's really my take on it, I've been asked if I was offered a ticket (which I won't as I'm not a season ticket holder) but if I was would I take it. I wouldn't and mainly for the reasons you posted, I'd rather someone who really wants to go have it, if they don't mind attending under the restrictions that's fair enough. A big part of the whole football day experience for me is being with family and friends, just wouldn't be the same attending the game without the people who matter to me 

14 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'd rather share the moment of history with family, including my dad who I've gone to games with for 10+ years, than sit on my own in a stadium and not even be allowed to applaud.

Guess everyone will have different opinions, but for me the best memories are shared.

I'm swaying this way too. Very difficult decision though. Have to admit I'm not massively keen on using public transport during a pandemic and that's something I have to factor in too.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

I respect your opinion but Family will be allowed to sit together and as far as applauding being banned you can forget that.

Who's kidding on who here; If I'm luck enough to get a ticket you'll hear me in Perth cheering on the lads and nothing will stop that or any other fans that are present.

I don't think that any measurement is going to please everyone. I should get one because of x. Well I should get one because of y.

I wonder how folk would react if Saints and Hibs jointly said they are going to give the 1000 or so allocated tickets to key workers?

Contact NHS/Police/Fire/Teachers etc. Perhaps even gain a couple of supporters for future seasons?

I agree with a couple of folk on here that I don't think I'd really want to travel through by myself, not be sitting beside any friends. The best memories of our cup win at celtic park was the celebrations...jumping around, hugging and cheering on with the folk around.  But each to there own. I certainly won't hold it against Saints, whatever they decide to do.  Or any supporters that do end up going. 

11 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

It’s got to be done on the basis of loyalty. How to make that work is going to be difficult, especially given the short time available, but there shouldn’t be any debate about this in principle. 

FWIW, I’d allocate them to: 1/ A couple each for players and officials. 2/ Those who bought a ST this season. 3/ Front line workers in Perth area (most of the Brits Awards tickets were allocated this way tonight). 

My Mrs said exactly your group 3)

2 hours ago, skivealive said:

I don't think that any measurement is going to please everyone. I should get one because of x. Well I should get one because of y.

I wonder how folk would react if Saints and Hibs jointly said they are going to give the 1000 or so allocated tickets to key workers?

It's maybe a nice gesture but I'd completely disagree with that. Supporters of the two clubs should get those tickets.