St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

1 hour ago, dunblanemike said:

I’m sure Douglas (bullyboy poison dwarf) Ross had nowt to do with it! 

Difficult to know where to point the finger.  Reading the BBC report it seems the SFA only asked to use two slices of Hampden seating which they calculated would allow 1,000 fans in each using 1.5m social distancing. Now whether UEFA had made it clear they only wanted 2 slices used or whether the SFA could not be bothered asking for more is a crucial question.

I assume the poison dwarf reference was aimed at Nicola as it must have been noticed that Douglas Ross did not win power last week.  Faced with the worsening situation in Glasgow the SG agreed to the use of 2 slices but insisted on 2m social distancing which in my opinion was a perfectly correct decision.  My maths are not good enough to argue with the SFA's calculation that that brought the numbers down to 300.  The question remains would the SG have allowed more slices to be used on the same basis had they been asked?

My bet for the main culprit is the SFA who lost any real interest the minute Ali's penalty hit the back of McGregor's net.

59 minutes ago, chips said:

This sums it up for me,let the players and staff have their families at the final ..

8220d1fe-7ade-11eb-83b7-5869de54abef.jpg

100% this. As much as we will all be gutted to miss out, these guys deserve their families there. Would love the see the players win and have their kids on the pitch etc rather than 300 of us spaced out in the stands. 

2 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

100% this. As much as we will all be gutted to miss out, these guys deserve their families there. Would love the see the players win and have their kids on the pitch etc rather than 300 of us spaced out in the stands. 

Not sure kids or anyone other than players & officials will be allowed on the pitch.

Hopefully both teams go for the family deal as if we went for it ,Hibs didnt they would make more noise & influence the ref.

600 fans is absolutely pointless. Just imagine the amount of work it's creating for both clubs to now sort out how to distribute these tickets, and the extra work now required to get the stadium and surroundings Covid-safe, all for such a small, pointless number. They might as well have just said none and it would have made life easier for everyone and the number of complaints from fans would have been the same.

As it stands I'm on board with the idea of the club just distributing the tickets amongst its own players and staff to give to their own family and friends, so that they can all have the day out. They've all worked tirelessly for the football club throughout a difficult year and they deserve it.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

600 fans is absolutely pointless. Just imagine the amount of work it's creating for both clubs to now sort out how to distribute these tickets, and the extra work now required to get the stadium and surroundings Covid-safe, all for such a small, pointless number. They might as well have just said none and it would have made life easier for everyone and the number of complaints from fans would have been the same.

As it stands I'm on board with the idea of the club just distributing the tickets amongst its own players and staff to give to their own family and friends, so that they can all have the day out. They've all worked tirelessly for the football club throughout a difficult year and they deserve it.

I agree bh; it's nothing more than a gesture and defeats the point of the exercise.

Let the club and their families be present and we'll watch it on the telly.

What's the word in Perth on setting up outside fans zones to watch the final. Pretty sure there will be some smart publicans thinking they could get a decent amount of people to watch to justify the cost and hassle of setting something up.

Bear in mind that indoor drinking will be allowed by next weekend too, it's just the interpretation of the rules that might cause problems.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

What's the word in Perth on setting up outside fans zones to watch the final. Pretty sure there will be some smart publicans thinking they could get a decent amount of people to watch to justify the cost and hassle of setting something up.

Bear in mind that indoor drinking will be allowed by next weekend too, it's just the interpretation of the rules that might cause problems.

Cherrybank is showing the game outdoors (and is sold out) and I think Bank Bar (formerly Sportsters) is possibly showing it too? There aren't a huge amount of pubs in Perth with big outdoor spaces though, and they'd need to have big outdoor-friendly screens too.

Would have been great to see something set up at McDiarmid Park but I'd assume the short notice, along with all the issues with tickets and Covid, would mean they just wouldn't have had the capacity to get it organised.

If we win ... what do people think is the likelihood of decent celebrations in pubs in town on the Saturday night? Felt very strange after the League Cup win to be just sitting at home with nowhere to go.

34 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Hibs have decided that out of their 300 allocated tickets 60 are going to players and staff with the remaining 240 being for season ticket holders who will be selected by ballot.

I am on the player's side here .If I was playing in the final I would want my wife, my parents my grand fathers (if still alive) and children a son over 8 that can cherish the memory. That means at the age of 30 I would be looking for 5 tickets call me greedy but that is who I would want there 

There will be many counter arguments but that is my opinion.

3 minutes ago, skivealive said:

I agree with most folk on here that players and staff should get priority. Hibs giving just 60 tickets...if that includes all their squad and staff, it'll be lucky if they get 2 each! 

Match day squad ,20.manager & coaches,backroom staff & reserves. So that's one ticket each.

Makes even more difficult allocate the little that are left.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Cherrybank is showing the game outdoors (and is sold out) and I think Bank Bar (formerly Sportsters) is possibly showing it too? There aren't a huge amount of pubs in Perth with big outdoor spaces though, and they'd need to have big outdoor-friendly screens too.

Would have been great to see something set up at McDiarmid Park but I'd assume the short notice, along with all the issues with tickets and Covid, would mean they just wouldn't have had the capacity to get it organised.

If we win ... what do people think is the likelihood of decent celebrations in pubs in town on the Saturday night? Felt very strange after the League Cup win to be just sitting at home with nowhere to go.

I said a long time ago that Saints should use some of their outdoor space for pre/post game activities and I still think it’s the way forward. 

Get punters in from 12, have football on a big screen. Let kids play in the Astro. 

sell tins/plastic bottles to save time pulling pints. Get a wee stage set up, some local bands or DJ’s playing. It makes a lot of sense to me, and having folk potentially spending money from 12 til late would surely make sense. 

The Muirton Suite isn’t exactly the most enticing of venues and it’s still busy, but the Queues when busy are just lost revenue 

4 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I said a long time ago that Saints should use some of their outdoor space for pre/post game activities and I still think it’s the way forward. 

Get punters in from 12, have football on a big screen. Let kids play in the Astro. 

sell tins/plastic bottles to save time pulling pints. Get a wee stage set up, some local bands or DJ’s playing. It makes a lot of sense to me, and having folk potentially spending money from 12 til late would surely make sense. 

The Muirton Suite isn’t exactly the most enticing of venues and it’s still busy, but the Queues when busy are just lost revenue 

Its a nice idea, maybe one day. Can only have a limited number of members of the public within the grounds of McD and in tightly controlled circumstances at the moment. Club have been strict on that. Even when kids playing their football on the astro, adults have to stay in car and away from stadium. People not allowed to wander about and if you get out of car at all you have to wear a mask. So dont think they cant open up the grounds for fans for the final.

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

Its a nice idea, maybe one day. Can only have a limited number of members of the public within the grounds of McD and in tightly controlled circumstances at the moment. Club have been strict on that. Even when kids playing their football on the astro, adults have to stay in car and away from stadium. People not allowed to wander about and if you get out of car at all you have to wear a mask. So dont think they cant open up the grounds for fans for the final.

I don’t mean for the final, I mean I’d like to see it going forward on home match days. 

Make them an event. If you offer people more than just a game of football for their money, it makes it better value, it can be a day out, and punters will spend more. 

Could even sell food. 

10 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I don’t mean for the final, I mean I’d like to see it going forward on home match days. 

Make them an event. If you offer people more than just a game of football for their money, it makes it better value, it can be a day out, and punters will spend more. 

Could even sell food. 

I agree.

ye wouldn’t even ken there was a game on if ye were in the toon centre.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

I am on the player's side here .If I was playing in the final I would want my wife, my parents my grand fathers (if still alive) and children a son over 8 that can cherish the memory. That means at the age of 30 I would be looking for 5 tickets call me greedy but that is who I would want there 

There will be many counter arguments but that is my opinion.

Was pretty much my thoughts. Squad of app 20, minimum 4 tx, closer to 6 or 8 for a one off...

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Someone's mentioned before that they're not allowed to use the astro/car park for public events.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Someone's mentioned before that they're not allowed to use the astro/car park for public events.

I am sure that they used the Astro pitches one year for an 'Open Day'. I have a picture of me and 'legendary striker' Michael Moore on said pitch :oops:

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

I think they get 2 comps normally. Heard it mentioned on one of the Dogger Saints podcasts

The norm for a Scootish cup final each player gets 2 comp tickets for the sponsors players/family lounge and obviously their seats. The rest of their family bought tickets like everyone else. But today the families cannot buy the tickets they are at the mercy of the club

28 minutes ago, Dooj said:

I am sure that they used the Astro pitches one year for an 'Open Day'. I have a picture of me and 'legendary striker' Michael Moore on said pitch :oops:

I remember them doing one on the pitch too. Wouldn’t happen now. Momo Sylla was there as a trialist.