St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

In both the semi-final win over Hibs and the recent league win over Hibs, we played one central striker flanked by two wide forwards. CD has also said in the past that he prefers that system at Hampden. In the semi-final against St Mirren we departed from that system and it could be argued it was less successful as Melamed had such a quiet game. I really can't see Melamed starting this one. I think he'll go with Kane through the middle, Spoony on the left, and either MOH or Middleton on the right. I have a feeling he may go with MOH, purely because Middleton seems to be so much more impactful when he comes off the bench.

If everyone's fit and available then I'd say the team virtually picks itself and there's really only one place up for grabs, which MOH, Middleton, May, Melamed and Conway are all scrapping for.

I agree completley.

Kane up front and I think he'll keep Middleton as an impact sub. 

I was like a lot of people on here and doubted Bryson's contribution but he is a really tidy player and keeps things simple and links well from midfield and the front men.

This will be a cagey game and I think CD will want to keep Hibs quiet early and hope for an early goal.

17 hours ago, DubaiSaint said:

Is the game on Saints TV for international supporters or do I need to subscribe to Premier again? I can't see anything on the Saints TV site!

Another thought for you DubaiSaint.

Game is also on BBC I player so if you have vpn see if a uk link on it would get you that program.  Some vpn's do whilst others are blocked so will be a case of trial and error.

Edited by Templar Saint

Have Saints missed an opportunity here.

Cherrybank are attracting a lot of fans.

Should Saints not have opened under the stand, restaurant & a couple of meeting rooms for the fans by appointment. They would have made a fortune.

4 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Should Saints not have opened under the stand, restaurant & a couple of meeting rooms for the fans by appointment. They would have made a fortune.

Given the club have actively tried to limit the number of people coming in and out of the stadium for the last 2 weeks to prevent another Covid outbreak, this was never, ever a realistic option. 

6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think having an event at the stadium could have been a great idea but I'd guess the tight timings and extra workload on club staff (not to mention the issues presented by Covid) would have made it unworkable.

6 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

I don't think the club could or would as that would then have people in and around the stadium, with the potential of attracting more, and they are actively discouraging that: https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/chairmans-cup-final-message-to-supporters

Lets hope the town will be buzzing on Saturday with lots of noise and colour after the game!

Brings me back to the 2014 final after the game we got dropped at the bridge on Bridgend and all the cars were blasting their horns and waving at all the fans coming over the bridge! It was magic!

10 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Big police meeting in Edinburgh today, planning for Hibs winning the cup and how they would deal with the fans.

At least they havent gone full Dundee United(2014) and booked an open top bus... 

Tbf why would they wait until after the event to plan for it?