St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

18 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Big police meeting in Edinburgh today, planning for Hibs winning the cup and how they would deal with the fans.

At least they havent gone full Dundee United(2014) and booked an open top bus... 

I’d imagine police have probably had discussions in Perth too? 

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Have Saints missed an opportunity here.

Cherrybank are attracting a lot of fans.

Should Saints not have opened under the stand, restaurant & a couple of meeting rooms for the fans by appointment. They would have made a fortune.

I'm pretty sure that's the last thing they would want with all the Covid stuff recently 

6 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I agree completley.

Kane up front and I think he'll keep Middleton as an impact sub. 

I was like a lot of people on here and doubted Bryson's contribution but he is a really tidy player and keeps things simple and links well from midfield and the front men.

This will be a cagey game and I think CD will want to keep Hibs quiet early and hope for an early goal.

Yeah I've warmed to Bryson and he is very cool headed which will be vital tomorrow.I would also keep Middleton for an impact sub.

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

I’d imagine police have probably had discussions in Perth too? 

They have done. On advice of Police Scotland and PKC, Saints in the Community kids football at McD is cancelled on Saturday morning. Basically they were worried that people will gather at the ground to give the team a send off so will have ground pretty much closed off all day on Saturday I would imagine.

I kind of thought all players would be making way to Hampden themselves tbh so no one to give send off to.

59 minutes ago, Rob said:

I kind of thought all players would be making way to Hampden themselves tbh so no one to give send off to

Interesting thought, pre Covid the team would probably have stayed overnight in a nearby hotel.  Presume tomorrow Callum will want all the players at or near Hampden by mid morning at the latest.  They will need plenty of time to unwrap the cotton wool!

COYS

I was 100% certain we’d win the League Cup Final, but not so sure about this one. Some good omens though - in 2014, we knocked out the favourites before facing “only” a decent non-OF team in the final that we had nevertheless dominated in previous games that year.

It’s a weird situation watching a final as a Saints fan with a trophy already in the cabinet and Europe secured (I actually could have stopped that sentence after “fan”!) Does it not really matter if we win this one tomorrow?

Actually, I think it matters more. Most of us would have difficulty remembering all the unfashionable, non-OF teams who have popped up and won a cup now and again. There’s been a few. But EVERYONE will remember the wee side that popped up and won BOTH cups in the year when New Rangers won the league without losing a game.

Immortality beckons. 

I hope we win. One thing is for certain - if we do, not one of us will feel the need to run to the town centre, shite on the pavement, scribble hate on the walls of churches and throw things at policemen. Dignity in victory or defeat is what separates us most from the Neanderthals of Rangers and Celtic.

COYS.

37 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I was 100% certain we’d win the League Cup Final, but not so sure about this one. Some good omens though - in 2014, we knocked out the favourites before facing “only” a decent non-OF team in the final that we had nevertheless dominated in previous games that year.

It’s a weird situation watching a final as a Saints fan with a trophy already in the cabinet and Europe secured (I actually could have stopped that sentence after “fan”!) Does it not really matter if we win this one tomorrow?

Actually, I think it matters more. Most of us would have difficulty remembering all the unfashionable, non-OF teams who have popped up and won a cup now and again. There’s been a few. But EVERYONE will remember the wee side that popped up and won BOTH cups in the year when New Rangers won the league without losing a game.

Immortality beckons. 

I hope we win. One thing is for certain - if we do, not one of us will feel the need to run to the town centre, shite on the pavement, scribble hate on the walls of churches and throw things at policemen. Dignity in victory or defeat is what separates us most from the Neanderthals of Rangers and Celtic.

COYS.

I need to drink what you drink very very deep apart from the last bit

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

Callum said he was going to have a run through the town to see all the blue & white bunting.

Just drove from Dundee Road through town to Lethal & never saw any blue.

There's 4 bits of bunting across George Street & a few across the High Street - PKC didn't exactly burst the piggy bank

Pre game Barbie in Aus. The nerves are pretty shot. 10 hours to go. Can't imagine what it's like for the players. One game. Our season already defined, now just a crazy situation. Hibs players will be feeling it too.

We are in a good position. Nothing to lose. Everything to gain. I just pray the players keep their heids. The first 20 will be frantic. 

Thank god we've got our management team, seen it before. Liam, Spoony, May. I think they'll all start.

Bryson ahead of Muzz. Middleton on about 65. Rest of team decided. 

Keep Boyle quiet, put McCann on him.

Edited by Melbourne Saint

been on bevvy , explaining to like minded browns fans just how big a game this is for a wee club like ours, lot of similarities and true sports fans here....

cant wait, whatever the result its been a fantastic year .... knocking out *** with a keeper header is going to be a memory i will forever cherish.

3 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Pre game Barbie in Aus. The nerves are pretty shot. 10 hours to go. Can't imagine what it's like for the players. One game. Our season already defined, now just a crazy situation. Hibs players will be feeling it too.

We are in a good position. Nothing to lose. Everything to gain. I just pray the players keep their heids. The first 20 will be frantic. 

Thank god we've got our management team, seen it before. Liam, Spoony, May. I think they'll all start.

Bryson ahead of Muzz. Middleton on about 65. Rest of team decided. 

Keep Boyle quiet, put McCann on him.

Remember it is 2pm kick off UK time.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Apparently Hibs been virtually playing 4-4-2 lately, so think we will go with Kane up top beside Middleton or MOH to give the 5-2-3/3-4-3 shape.

Middleton or MOH up top beside Kane gives 2 up top how does that give us 5-2-3/3-4-3

if 2 up top it will be 3-4-1-2 with Wotherspoon behind the top 2 one of CD's chosen formations or have I misread your post

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Apparently Hibs been virtually playing 4-4-2 lately, so think we will go with Kane up top beside Middleton or MOH to give the 5-2-3/3-4-3 shape.

In the last 2 games against us they have played 4.4.2 

In the 1v0 home win we played 3.4.1.2  Wotherspoon behind Kane and Melamed  (MOH right wing back our man of match)

In the 0v1 away win we played 3.4.3 MOH Kane and Middleton (MOH again our man of the match)

one thing constant MOH  man of the match may be CD has noticed this and will start him

Edited by Johnny B