St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

Just now, HOODLUM65 said:

Porteous is a cart horse when compared to El Capitano Jason Kerr.

Superb.

Credit to all the guys who played as a TEAM.

Callum and his backroom staff should be very proud.

Hibs punts into the middle were repelled magnificently. 

Clark should just drop our back 3 into the Scotland team.

Just now, Cagey said:

Boyle never in the game & resorted to his usual five in the box.

Hopefully refs can see through him now & not even give him stonewallers.

Boyle has been conning  refs for years, glad the Ref. noticed his feeble attempt, which I awarded 9 out of ten.

On reflection I gave it Nine and a Half.

Have just watched the game while on a weeks break in north Norfolk, me and my lad have celebrated this astonishing achievement together with my mum looking on from’ above’ we are so so proud of the team and the club.  Winners of Scottish football’s cup double and 5th in the league...don’t bother pinching me - I am awake and this is not a dream...though hold on...have we really just done that? Yup we have :)

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

3 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Noticed that Hibs rested their Star stikers against Celtic in preparation for the Cup Final..

It would appear that they were still resting today , as they never turned up.

Shelly says Hibs will miss their big players next season. Who were they ??. Was Nisbit playing. Did Protious win a ball without fouling & the boy at left back looked like a boy.

18 minutes ago, Sheffield said:

Absolutely made up for The Saints, my late father worked briefly in Perth in the early 70’s and made me aware of the fact that St Johnstone were formed from a cricket club like my team Sheffield United and you’ve always been my favorite Scottish club due to his memories of his visits to Muirton Park. Enjoy your day and all the best. 

Cheers buddy...my lad watched it with me - he lives in Sheffield (Southey Green way) and though his English club is Arsenal his local club is Sheff Utd.  We’ve been bouncing around the lounge of our holiday cottage.

11 minutes ago, henryhallsdanceband said:

Cheers buddy...my lad watched it with me - he lives in Sheffield (Southey Green way) and though his English club is Arsenal his local club is Sheff Utd.  We’ve been bouncing around the lounge of our holiday cottage.

If he lives in SG his local team will sadly be Wednesday but good on him if he likes the little team in Sheffield. We’ve both been so poor this season that for the first time in my 53 years we’ve been unable to take the Mickey out of each other. Anyway it’s all about the mighty Saints.

Edited by Sheffield

It's hard to look at the game logically... The penalty miss, thought we were going to pay.... But then I thought, "Hibs aren't creating shit". We had easily the best chances, should've been 2-0, Hibs beaten fair and square.

AND THAT GERRARD AND ALL YOU WEEGIE "JOURNOS" IS TACTICAL MASTERPIECE. ROLL OVER ROMMEL, PATTON, ZHUKOV, KING ARTHUR, MONGOLS, ROMANS, GREEKS, EGYPTIANS, SPANIARDS, ALL HAIL GENERAL DAVIDSON!!! 

42 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Fabulous achievement stands with any in the entire history of Scottish football!  

After 10iaR bring rammed down our throats for the last decade, totally smothered by a Saints double!  Celebrate lads!  You are slowly catching up with the Dundee United’s of this world! :wink:

Cheers Smarmy,

Classy as always. hope we can get the fans back soon.

3 hours ago, montrosesaintee said:

Nervous now.  Glad Iwulemo is in the studio, there's an abundance of Saints haters alongside him.

To be fair, Alan Stubbs today came across as the most balanced, unbiased pundit I've ever listened to. Considering his affiliation with the opposition he was full of praise for Saints, told it how it was. The only one in the room that saw Spoony was stamped on, couldn't pick a MOM cos every Saints player was outstanding.