St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

Well bugger me!

For someone of a certain vintage who endured the dog days of relegation and losses at cup finals they will feel like me and and pretty sure be pinching themselves. I cried at full time.

I was with my Dad who's gone now in 1969 when we lost the first of these and I thought time was running out for me - I can't tell you the pride I feel.

Thanks to all you guys here on WAP for sharing this season.

St.Johnstone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 minutes ago, cristo said:

To be fair, Alan Stubbs today came across as the most balanced, unbiased pundit I've ever listened to. Considering his affiliation with the opposition he was full of praise for Saints, told it how it was. The only one in the room that saw Spoony was stamped on, couldn't pick a MOM cos every Saints player was outstanding.

And when he did Thomson didn’t know what to say

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Shelly says Hibs will miss their big players next season. Who were they ??. Was Nisbit playing. Did Protious win a ball without fouling & the boy at left back looked like a boy.

Yeah Nisbit that was picked for the Scotland squad,totally stuffed out by the Saints defence,none of whom were picked for Scotland 

25 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

Spoony is an utter legend. Just seeing how much that meant to him was unbelievably emotional :wub:

Also that big lump Zander in tears on his mobile.

2014 cup team legends. 

2021 double cup team ,double legends.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Well bugger me!

For someone of a certain vintage who endured the dog days of relegation and losses at cup finals they will feel like me and and pretty sure be pinching themselves. I cried at full time.

I was with my Dad who's gone now in 1969 when we lost the first of these and I thought time was running out for me - I can't tell you the pride I feel.

Thanks to all you guys here on WAP for sharing this season.

St.Johnstone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fairness of the the 7 finals that Saints have played in (4 of which we won) in my lifetime there is only one I can say that I was disappointed afterwards (about the way we played)

Hello Saints fans, sometime Perth resident and Stoke fan here, once again, to celebrate another fantastic achievement!

I wish I was still up there and able to join in the fun tonight for a quite superb season. Thankfully, the pubs are open again and you can celebrate in style!

I watched the final and, as an 'almost neutral', I can safely say that Saints thoroughly deserved the win and were by far the better and more attractive footballing side.

Two cups in one season, just fantastic. Delighted for my old town and the many Saints fans I used to know in the 90s back before three cups were safely in the trophy cabinet! :)

2 hours ago, Sheffield said:

If he lives in SG his local team will sadly be Wednesday but good on him if he likes the little team in Sheffield. We’ve both been so poor this season that for the first time in my 53 years we’ve been unable to take the Mickey out of each other. Anyway it’s all about the mighty Saints.

Yes - Wednesday on his doorstep but he’s a Utd fan - he sees them as the ‘real’ team of Sheffield.