St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

Footage of Davidson sliding across a wet dressing room floor during the players' celebrations emerged over the weekend and he explained how it was important to show he was keen to have a bit of fun.

"I said to my wife last night 'my stomach muscles are really sore' and she said 'that's because you landed flat on the floor on your belly'" he said.

"I didn't realise it was going to go on social media but I was quite impressed with myself.

"To be honest with you, as I was going flying across the floor I thought the door was going to swing open, then my head realised it didn't swing open!"

:laugh:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57226056

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

No one mentioning the stamp on Spoony by McGinn, who the  gave away the penalty so should hae been off.

Alan Stubbs picked it up at half time  said McGinn knew exactly what he was doing. Damn right he did. Penalty should've been a straight red anyway.

23 minutes ago, cristo said:

Alan Stubbs picked it up at half time  said McGinn knew exactly what he was doing. Damn right he did. Penalty should've been a straight red anyway.

Said same thing at the time regarding the penalty. 

Watching a similar incident in an English game , ( when a penalty was awarded  ) commentator  said it's not a Red card as it's deemed to be a genuine attempt to get the ball .

How can you determine whether it's genuine or not?

Has a new skill been developed to make such a challenge look genuine ?

Football  Legislators have made it more difficult for everyone to understand why certain decisions are arrived at by rule changes.

My pet hate is the offside rule.

Incidents of players being injured in collisions , when allowed to advance from  offside positions , before the Assistants flag is raised.

5 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Said same thing at the time regarding the penalty. 

Watching a similar incident in an English game , ( when a penalty was awarded  ) commentator  said it's not a Red card as it's deemed to be a genuine attempt to get the ball .

How can you determine whether it's genuine or not?

Has a new skill been developed to make such a challenge look genuine ?

Football  Legislators have made it more difficult for everyone to understand why certain decisions are arrived at by rule changes.

My pet hate is the offside rule.

Incidents of players being injured in collisions , when allowed to advance from  offside positions , before the Assistants flag is raised.

EPL rules,all just plain silly.

Watching the build up to the Final (which I missed ) and coverage of Spoony's skills were highlighted.

It's ironical that what was discussed by the Panel proved to be the difference between the sides.

Also ironical that Booth was signed by Hibs when Ten years old.

Both players back to haunt their old side.

5 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Sat up to 2am to watch a re-run of the Cup.

Ali McCann was the coolest player on the pitch.

Unruffled , unhurried, won his challenges and played simple but effective passes throughout. 

Braw.

He's an outstanding talent.  Similar to Scott Brown, only not an absolute walloper.

Edited by montrosesaintee

On 5/23/2021 at 2:08 AM, Saline Saint said:

Watched it all again this morning,how good is it when Spoony cuts back inside to put the cross in for the goal,think it’s Gogic who buys the dummy as he does a flying jump,he almost has to buy a ticket to get back into the ground,priceless.