St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Scottish Cup Final - Saturday 22nd May 2021

SaintJet

Glasgow Covid situation continuing to worsen, now at 70.9 per 100k.  The SG will be getting concerned about the promise to put the city into level 2  and whilst I think they may well still go ahead, at least short term in the hope the trend can be reversed, I doubt if they will allow any easements so we can stop worrying about how best to distribute any ticket allocation.

Edited by south inch

24 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

This Covid situation will have hit admin plans back at base too.

I'm wondering if the club are doing a Virtual Cup inal Ticket as in the League cup?

May have been Kirsten that organized that and the cup final top etc etc as there doesn't seem to be much in the way merchandise this time round.

14 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Confirmed as 300 fans each. Add on all the folk “allowed” to be in, maybe around 1,000 total.

So how to allocate so little?

Give them away in my view - players etc, and representatives of front line workers. 

Proper obsession with front line workers, no point in giving tickets to folk that have no interest in being there. 

I’d give them to sponsors and players family and if there’s any left, give them away to fans.

5-10 pairs in the 50/50 draw on Saturday. 

33 minutes ago, chips said:

Seems to be a call (from fans on social media) to just give the 300 tickets to the players/staff families, let them be there with them. I kinda thought they would have got first dibs anyway. 

I called for that once I knew we were in final & before they were to allow some fans in.

Getting a bit late to order ballots & forge free tickets.

To be honest its pretty pointless letting in 300 fans of each club. No added atmosphere from that. Lots of disappointed season ticket holders etc any way you try to distribute. Agree with the sentiment that they should just let players families in etc. so they can see their sons, brothers, dads big day. All the club staff etc. Dont think anyone would grudge that. Happy just to watch this at home.

Also there is lots of new kit for the final. The club were quick off the mark with that. Im sure there might still be match worn player shirts, virtual tickets for sale but all probably on backburner now and rightly so. 

Crowds gathering outside Old Trafford. Thousands protest at Pollock shields to get a couple of guys under arrest released.

Protests seem to work. Let's blockade Hampden or protest outside McDiarmid on Saturday to prevent game going ahead.

Can't help but think that the arse scottish football made of things earlier in the pandemic have had an impact.

The Aberdeen, Celtic and Rangers scenarios where the SG came out and openly criticised football , I wonder if there is some pay back there. 

Also, suspect that the SFA would have been more than happy to have no fans there at all given the old firm were not involved.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Uefa said 3000 & SFA could request more. Suddenly it was quoted in the papers 2000. All of a sudden it is 600. I suspect the poisen dwarfs hand in this.

What the fuq does nippy ken about fitba . I blame that daft Tory  linesman he’s a fuqing looney who most likely colluded with  the daft bat.

there ye go conspiracy theory number one solved.

And  another thing don’t believe newspapers quotes.some of the journo bangers are worse than politicians.

down with this sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Crowds gathering outside Old Trafford. Thousands protest at Pollock shields to get a couple of guys under arrest released.

Protests seem to work. Let's blockade Hampden or protest outside McDiarmid on Saturday to prevent game going ahead.

you can be the leader.