St.Johnstone V Livingston - Saturday 15th May 2021

SaintJet

26 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Liam has been poor.

Liam showed his worth for the team in the last 10 mins. Legs were gone but that didn't matter as he won 3 balls lying on the ground.

Muzz doing 96 mins after being out for weeks & Liam putting that effort in after being out for 2 weeks ,isolating shows what this club means to these guys.

6 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Another £150 grand in the transfer budget & in Europe.

If we are in Europe we will need to strengthen & add to the squad as we will be playing 2 games a week until Christmas.

I think that could effect our league position.

Yeah definitely need more players for Europe.

1 minute ago, GranitecitySaint said:

As I understand it if we win the cup we go into the europa league play off game and if we lose we still go into the conference group stage. Is that right?

what stage do we go into with securing 5th place today and if we lose the final? Is it europa or europa conference?

if we lose the cup final we go into the second qualifying round of the conference. Games are July 22 & 29. 

12 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

After that lack of attacking from Livi I can only assume Martindale was told not to win as they didn’t want the accounts to be looked at too closely.

Fair comment. They didn't look like they wanted to win. Most teams would have put JET up front with 2 wide men,

12 minutes ago, john.w said:

Never checked kickoff time so was in my scratcher, seems like I didn't miss much. Got fifth job done not hearing much from the wee ned

Pretty sure it was him screaming all the way through the match. He didnt seem impressed with his teams lack of attacking.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Pretty sure it was him screaming all the way through the match. He didnt seem impressed with his teams lack of attacking.

Martindale was sat in his seat most of the second half.

You have to hand it to him though. We beat them in the Betfred cup final ,Took the European place on goal difference , killed their unbeaten record & he was on the field congratulating every Saints player.

17 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Martindale was sat in his seat most of the second half.

You have to hand it to him though. We beat them in the Betfred cup final ,Took the European place on goal difference , killed their unbeaten record & he was on the field congratulating every Saints player.

Yes I thought that was a class act from him. Well done.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Keeper MOTM. Dreadful game, too many mistakes but not surprising. Job done. European football. Fantastic season.

Livi pretty rubbish but had best chances. 

Considering Zamal has not had much playing time lately, what with being so far down the pecking order at Tynecastle, he proved to be a decent stand in making 2 decent saves today, showing he has some pedigree, and not the clown St Mirren fans were suggesting he was. 

18 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

Considering Zamal has not had much playing time lately, what with being so far down the pecking order at Tynecastle, he proved to be a decent stand in making 2 decent saves today, showing he has some pedigree, and not the clown St Mirren fans were suggesting he was. 

Few on here were saying that Wednesday.