St.Johnstone V Livingston - Saturday 15th May 2021

SaintJet

17 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Few on here were saying that Wednesday.

Not sure he did too much wrong on Wednesday apart from picking up the "pass back" that I doubt many refs would have given.

I wonder if Parish hadn't signed would we have signed him as he is out of contract at Hearts.

For that matter now we are in Europe will we not need 3 decent keepers.

15 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

It pretty much was though and the top 6 games are always Saturday 12.30

Are the last games in the  top 6 not usually the Sunday?

Remember when we qualified for Europe and Liam scored it was Sunday afternoon and the end of season 2018/19 v Hamilton was a Saturday in bottom half.

59 minutes ago, mainstand said:

If they had said at the start of the season:

Win the league cup

Qualify for Europe on last day of the season

Play in the Scottish Cup Final

90 mins away from qualifying for Europe until xmas and banking £3m min. 

Would have thought you were mad:laugh: 

You forgot making top 6 minutes from time in last game before split.

Many many more big minutes in season.

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

If they had said at the start of the season:

Win the league cup

Qualify for Europe on last day of the season

Play in the Scottish Cup Final

90 mins away from qualifying for Europe until xmas and banking £3m min. 

Would have thought you were mad:laugh: 

Is the 3mil hard, guaranteed cash, or is what you'd expect from tv money, attendances etc with some from uefa? Either way, 8 european games will be incredible for you all in Perth, should bring back fans, on top of pent up demand from success in the cups. What a time to be a saintee. Massive credit to the club at all levels.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

Fair comment. They didn't look like they wanted to win. Most teams would have put JET up front with 2 wide men,

He actually looked good. He was asked to play a few positions (midfield, upfront at end). Everytime he got the ball, he looked like he could create something in what was otherwise a dour outfit. Can see why Aberdeen may be interested. Kabia is a wee diving minger. 

Edited by Melbourne Saint

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

Are the last games in the  top 6 not usually the Sunday?

Remember when we qualified for Europe and Liam scored it was Sunday afternoon and the end of season 2018/19 v Hamilton was a Saturday in bottom half.

I actually think you are correct 

I had in my head top 6 was Saturday but it does seem to have been flipped 

Watched the game on Alba.

Observations , 1st half Livingston didn't look like they came to win, constantly passing along the back and to the keeper.

Thought the ball would be covered in snow when it was lumped  aerially ( by both teams).

Liam being one of the main culprits   

When you play Livi you know it's gonna be a battle and won't be pleasing on the eye .

Rooney caught in possession ,  trying to dribble out of the 18 yard box,  when Brown gave a pass to clear , could have been costly.

Forwards in both sides never stood a chance , such was the poor service to them.

However the bottom line is , the result counted and we Are in Europe.

Get the passports looked out.

C.o.y.s.

24 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Watched the game on Alba.

Observations , 1st half Livingston didn't look like they came to win, constantly passing along the back and to the keeper.

Thought the ball would be covered in snow when it was lumped  aerially ( by both teams).

Liam being one of the main culprits   

When you play Livi you know it's gonna be a battle and won't be pleasing on the eye .

Rooney caught in possession ,  trying to dribble out of the 18 yard box,  when Brown gave a pass to clear , could have been costly.

Forwards in both sides never stood a chance , such was the poor service to them.

However the bottom line is , the result counted and we Are in Europe.

Get the passports looked out.

C.o.y.s.

Your a glutton for punishment :P.

Remember you have to renew your passport about 6 months before it expires.

16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Your a glutton for punishment :P.

Remember you have to renew your passport about 6 months before it expires.

Bet if you have a passport it has European Union on it?

My passport is an up to date one., which doesn't have European Union on it.

Expires 2029 .

Hoping to make full use of it by living beyond that to witness more Saints in Europe.

"Only one Tayside team in Europe".

C.o.y.s.

Edited by HOODLUM65

1 hour ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Is the 3mil hard, guaranteed cash, or is what you'd expect from tv money, attendances etc with some from uefa? Either way, 8 european games will be incredible for you all in Perth, should bring back fans, on top of pent up demand from success in the cups. What a time to be a saintee. Massive credit to the club at all levels.

It’s guaranteed,if we progress minimum of £5 million 

4 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

I actually think you are correct 

I had in my head top 6 was Saturday but it does seem to have been flipped 

It’s irrelevant when it was over previous years. I can’t remember what happened 2 weeks ago, never mind a year ago. 

You could have new fans on board also. 

It definitely wasn’t advertised well enough, the alternative kick off time. I read a lot of Saints related stuff online and only found out late afternoon on Friday that it wasn’t 3pm 

4 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

It’s irrelevant when it was over previous years. I can’t remember what happened 2 weeks ago, never mind a year ago. 

You could have new fans on board also. 

It definitely wasn’t advertised well enough, the alternative kick off time. I read a lot of Saints related stuff online and only found out late afternoon on Friday that it wasn’t 3pm 

It should've been better publicised, I got my notification through Google news (or some other stream) on Thursday (Australia time), so would've been late Weds UK time. 

In fairness to the club, there's the Covid outbreak (I'm guessing they've applied WFH, or some limits to admin staff) and a lot going on in general with the cup/ seating during the week. But I would have expected a notification email to subscribers. Maybe some did. I think there was also posts on FB, if I recall. But not everyone chooses to use FB for whatever personal reason. 

Basically, the season is bonkers in many ways, let's just enjoy something that we'll never see again. 

COYS!!!!!

28 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

It should've been better publicised, I got my notification through Google news (or some other stream) on Thursday (Australia time), so would've been late Weds UK time. 

In fairness to the club, there's the Covid outbreak (I'm guessing they've applied WFH, or some limits to admin staff) and a lot going on in general with the cup/ seating during the week. But I would have expected a notification email to subscribers. Maybe some did. I think there was also posts on FB, if I recall. But not everyone chooses to use FB for whatever personal reason. 

Basically, the season is bonkers in many ways, let's just enjoy something that we'll never see again. 

COYS!!!!!

In fairness ,us Wappers should have reminded our colonial colleagues.

12 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

He actually looked good. He was asked to play a few positions (midfield, upfront at end). Everytime he got the ball, he looked like he could create something in what was otherwise a dour outfit. Can see why Aberdeen may be interested. 

I thought he looked very good. Completely different performance from him in comparison to how he played against us earlier in the season. 

12 hours ago, Cleveland-Saint said:

Is the 3mil hard, guaranteed cash, or is what you'd expect from tv money, attendances etc with some from uefa? 

Might be wrong, but I'm assuming it's the money clubs get from UEFA just for playing in a group stage. Doesn't include other potential revenue from crowds, sponsorship, TV etc (I'm not sure we'd actually be shown on TV all that much?). Also I believe in these competitions you get more prize money depending on whether you win, lose or draw your games, so a good performance on the pitch if we get there could make it even more lucrative for a small club like Saints. Of course, no doubt Steve Brown will also be thinking about the extra costs of travel, player bonuses, improving the squad etc. There's also the issue of how much money will have been lost due to Covid and how much of that windfall Saints would want to use simply to replenish what's gone.