St Johnstone European campaign 2021-2022

california_saintee

33 minutes ago, Kinnoull Kicker said:

If the team drawn against Celtic in QR2 knocks out Celtic then why would it not be possible for it to be drawn against Saints as this team would be unseeded in the small grouping that involves Saints as a seeded team ?

Because they're doing our draw before Celtic's game is played. Whoever drops out of the CLQR2 is "unseeded", but in practice all those teams have higher coefficients than the "seeded" teams. 

12 teams already qualified for the Europa Group Stage

Leicester City , Real Sociedad, Real Betis, Eintracht Frankfurt, Bayer Leverkusen, Napoli, Lazio, Lyon, Marseille. Braga, Lokomotiv Moscow, West Ham

None of these will want to play the mighty saints who will be favourites for whichever group we play in. 

16 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

12 teams already qualified for the Europa Group Stage

Leicester City , Real Sociedad, Real Betis, Eintracht Frankfurt, Bayer Leverkusen, Napoli, Lazio, Lyon, Marseille. Braga, Lokomotiv Moscow, West Ham

None of these will want to play the mighty saints who will be favourites for whichever group we play in. 

I'd bloody love to be able to travel to watch Saints play an away game against one of the big Italian clubs.

Can't help but worry that the one year it could conceivably happen is also the year when travel is looking unlikely.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the Europa League matches?

Main Path

Seeded:

Unseeded:

3 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Any update on the Europa League matches?

Main Path

Seeded:

Unseeded:

We'll see who Celtic get tomorrow, and we can rule out playing them.

We have to wait until July 19th for our draw, and then we won't actually know who we've got until the EL 2nd round completes on July 28th. That's only a week before our first leg on August 5th.

7 hours ago, california_saintee said:

We'll see who Celtic get tomorrow, and we can rule out playing them.

We have to wait until July 19th for our draw, and then we won't actually know who we've got until the EL 2nd round completes on July 28th. That's only a week before our first leg on August 5th.

Thanks, that's really helpful.  So July 19th we'll know which of two teams we're playing.

Edited by MySpazz

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

On the off-chance that there's a possibility of getting an away tie we can travel to, people who have been vaccinated might want to look into doing this:

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

Mine came last week. It comes pretty quick. I was about 3 days I think.

Off to France for 3 weeks next week as long as regs don’t change between now and then. 

30 minutes ago, sleepless said:

All of them have good European pedigree. Any would be a brilliant match.

Kind of hoping it's not PSV, because that's dead easy for me to get to, based near Hull, and I'd have to decide whether or not to risk foreign travel. 

Hull ferry has been scrapped I think! Newcastle still exists though!