St Johnstone European campaign 2021-2022

california_saintee

16 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

So it's either Galatasary, PSV, Slavia Prague or Rapid Vienna I think.

Who are we hoping for?

Love to knock out PSV, think I fear Prague the most 

Huge teams! Dare to dream! COYS!

It'll still be an either/or tie at this stage. Personally I'd prefer the Rapid Vienna//Sparta Prague (not Slavia) route as it feels a lot more winnable than PSV/Galatasaray, but obviously any of those four teams are going to be very difficult opponents for us.

It looks like the draw is being streamed live on the UEFA website.

Want away from home first irrespective of who we get, hopefully keep in the game there then get them back to McD. irrespective of which one of these we get they are likely to treat us with contempt in the first match thinking they will stroll it. 

And remember according to Sevco fans we beat the most successful team in the world on our way to winning the Scottish cup so none of these should hold any fear. 

Edited by mainstand

3 hours ago, garydavidson said:

A wee thread here of all the goings on with draws etc.

So we won't know who we are playing until 28th July,maybe just as well away fans not allowed. Doesn't give Callum much time to suss out opposition.

57 minutes ago, Cagey said:

So we won't know who we are playing until 28th July,maybe just as well away fans not allowed. Doesn't give Callum much time to suss out opposition.

Pity the draw is so restricted since any team that Celtic can beat in their present disjointed state would have been a good bet.  However, can't complain the draw could hardly have been done any other way.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I doubt it will matter too much. All 4 teams are relatively well known and once we know which of the two it will be, I'd imagine CD will be pretty glued up. Actually if anything, it might be an advantage as he will get to see 2 competitive games between both the teams. Obviously hoping for a really dirty game with loads of injuries and suspensions and a wee covid outbreak just before whoever it may be plays us.

For me, would be best to avoid the PSV/Galatasary tie winner. Better for the glamour, but infinitely less winnable. 

Good summary, damn predictive text though - I'm sure you want Callum to be clear headed.

11 minutes ago, TheYellowBox said:

I doubt it will matter too much. All 4 teams are relatively well known and once we know which of the two it will be, I'd imagine CD will be pretty glued up. Actually if anything, it might be an advantage as he will get to see 2 competitive games between both the teams. Obviously hoping for a really dirty game with loads of injuries and suspensions and a wee covid outbreak just before whoever it may be plays us.

For me, would be best to avoid the PSV/Galatasary tie winner. Better for the glamour, but infinitely less winnable. 

I would prefer PSV, as Eindhoven is a great town with brilliant bars. Unfortunately it suffered considerable damage from the recent terrible floods. We have a decent relationship with the Dutch.

Going into the cauldron of hate that is Galatasary might not be an experience our youngsters would appreciate.