St Johnstone European campaign 2021-2022

california_saintee

8 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Wouldn’t of said we lost revenue. Especially as final was at parkhead so could of sold more tickets as bigger capacity than Hampden.

Celtic received more of the Final money for hosting it than we did for winning it.

They also got paid straight away, while it took Saints the best part of a year to get paid.

9 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

FFS. We on friendly terms with any clubs in France, Netherlands etc?

Although, there is a scenario we find a venue and they dont and we get a 3-0 win? Galatasary has a chequered relationship with Covid. They had a farce of a pre season game in Greece where they had a toys out of the pram moment and refused to follow local guidelines and friendly was cancelled. Let's hope they do the same. 

11 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

If Galatasaray have to select a neutral venue I’m sure they will try and make it as hard as possible for us - potentially moving their home tie further east?? What a nightmare that would be. 

where should Saints be looking to play their home leg? Reykjavik? Scandanavia somewhere? The Faroes ?? :lol:

23 minutes ago, John Bonham said:

If Galatasaray have to select a neutral venue I’m sure they will try and make it as hard as possible for us - potentially moving their home tie further east?? What a nightmare that would be. 

where should Saints be looking to play their home leg? Reykjavik? Scandanavia somewhere? The Faroes ?? :lol:

I guess Galatasaray could potentially look at Georgia, Armenia or Azerbaijan, none of which are on the UK red list. That would be a nightmare.

Maybe Saints could look at playing it somewhere in Ireland? We have connections with a few clubs there from playing friendlies over the years. Not sure if travel from Turkey to Ireland is allowed though.

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I guess Galatasaray could potentially look at Georgia, Armenia or Azerbaijan, none of which are on the UK red list. That would be a nightmare.

Maybe Saints could look at playing it somewhere in Ireland? We have connections with a few clubs there from playing friendlies over the years. Not sure if travel from Turkey to Ireland is allowed though.

Yeah Ireland occured to me but no idea travel restriction situation. As you say, Galatasaray have potential to make this horrendous for us. 

3 minutes ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Ireland currently won't take Turks. Best bet is Germany. There's a large Turkish expat base there. That would suit Galatasaray.

Can I ask where you found that? Only info I could find online was this page which says Turkey has been removed from Ireland's mandatory hotel quarantine list: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

No description available.

St Johnstone fan studying in Eindhoven here. I was at the match last night and what a spectacle! I am lucky enough to have a PSV club card and taken them on as my Dutch team and this was my first match since I came here.

Firstly, I was hoping deep down that PSV had lost as I live 1km from the stadium and definitely would have been able to get a ticket for the Saints match but I don't think it is going to happen. PSV completely demolished them. I have not seen a bigger gubbing since we beat something like Hibs 5-1 back in 2010! 

Honestly, Galatasaray were hot garbage. Should have been about 7-0. The amount of times that PSV got in behind the Galatasaray defense was unbelievable. I dont know who the rb and lb of Galatasaray were but they were not having a good time. Then again when you have players like Gotze, Zahavi and Madueke combining together, It is quite scary. Bare in mind this PSV team didn't have Malen or Dumfries in the squad last night. Both linked with big money moves to Everton and Dortmund respectively. 

Looking at Galatasaray on twitter, a lot of fans were saying that they are that bad they cant even see them beating us with a poll saying 36% that Saints would win. Also a lot of talk that they are 6 signings from where they want to be. With CB RB, GK and DM being incredibly inadequate. Also Ryan Babel was bullied and had a terrible game and Arda Turan was anonymous. I think he is a really lazy player and maybe why it never worked out for him at Barca. Honestly, dont think Galatasaray were anything special however, PSV did look frightening and I am hoping that Celtic win so I can see Celtic get torn apart by PSV.

Tried to summarize this as short as possible but to end it off I didn't even realise Falcao or Feghouli even came on!! Maybe because Galatasaray couldn't get out of their half or I was enjoying myself too much with 5/6 pints of Bavaria which was allowed in the stands hahaha! Overall though what a match! I was hoping to catch us on a European tour and with my Dutch passport and living in mainland Europe I was hoping to get to see us but who knows what is in store for us!

Prost!

7 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Can I ask where you found that? Only info I could find online was this page which says Turkey has been removed from Ireland's mandatory hotel quarantine list: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/b4020-travelling-to-ireland-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

It's on the Irish red list. Assume that means no.

1 minute ago, Toar said:

St Johnstone fan studying in Eindhoven here. I was at the match last night and what a spectacle! I am lucky enough to have a PSV club card and taken them on as my Dutch team and this was my first match since I came here.

Firstly, I was hoping deep down that PSV had lost as I live 1km from the stadium and definitely would have been able to get a ticket for the Saints match but I don't think it is going to happen. PSV completely demolished them. I have not seen a bigger gubbing since we beat something like Hibs 5-1 back in 2010! 

Honestly, Galatasaray were hot garbage. Should have been about 7-0. The amount of times that PSV got in behind the Galatasaray defense was unbelievable. I dont know who the rb and lb of Galatasaray were but they were not having a good time. Then again when you have players like Gotze, Zahavi and Madueke combining together, It is quite scary. Bare in mind this PSV team didn't have Malen or Dumfries in the squad last night. Both linked with big money moves to Everton and Dortmund respectively. 

Looking at Galatasaray on twitter, a lot of fans were saying that they are that bad they cant even see them beating us with a poll saying 36% that Saints would win. Also a lot of talk that they are 6 signings from where they want to be. With CB RB, GK and DM being incredibly inadequate. Also Ryan Babel was bullied and had a terrible game and Arda Turan was anonymous. I think he is a really lazy player and maybe why it never worked out for him at Barca. Honestly, dont think Galatasaray were anything special however, PSV did look frightening and I am hoping that Celtic win so I can see Celtic get torn apart by PSV.

Tried to summarize this as short as possible but to end it off I didn't even realise Falcao or Feghouli even came on!! Maybe because Galatasaray couldn't get out of their half or I was enjoying myself too much with 5/6 pints of Bavaria which was allowed in the stands hahaha! Overall though what a match! I was hoping to catch us on a European tour and with my Dutch passport and living in mainland Europe I was hoping to get to see us but who knows what is in store for us!

Prost!

Bitch!

16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If both clubs are not allowed to play a home would it not make sense to find a neutral ground that suits both & play a one of game.

Turks will not want to speak til after next Wednesday as they will still think they can go through.

Fake news by The **** Courier

Saints will be at home

On 7/16/2021 at 1:57 PM, The Real Saints said:

If the home leg takes place on the 12th, it certainly shouldn’t be seen as a ‘result’ if we’re only allowed 3000. Restrictions on crowds are currently planned to be lifted on the 9th, are they not?

Still not think 3000 at McDiarmid would be a ‘result’?

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

You're right, removed last week. But more than likely back on next week. List changes more than Leigh Griffiths' mental state.

I know its only football and in the scheme of things you have to put that in perspective.  Covid has robbed Saints fans of so much already, talk of neutral ground is just awful news. We will never really got the proper feeling we should have had from winning the double, the time has passed. Going to be into the new season before we know it.

33 minutes ago, Rob said:

I know its only football and in the scheme of things you have to put that in perspective.  Covid has robbed Saints fans of so much already, talk of neutral ground is just awful news. We will never really got the proper feeling we should have had from winning the double, the time has passed. Going to be into the new season before we know it.

Fully agree this is just the worst possible luck.  Cagey has suggested a one off game if we are stuck with a neutral ground somewhere and I see the sense in that but I do not know what the financial implications would be.  Also I can see the dead hand of UEFA coming into play if the two clubs cannot agree on a venue.  Indeed it would not surprise me if UEFA are awkward even if the two clubs do agree.

We can but hope we get a decent crack of the whip in the next draw whatever competition we find ourselves in!