St Johnstone European campaign 2021-2022

california_saintee

1 hour ago, Abernethy Saint said:

As I said, that’s what I thought, but here’s Saints’ MP writing to the English government, and you would assume he would know which government to write to. Hopefully, anyway......

27CA427D-3C48-47EE-97B5-16B70FE28F9D.jpeg

You would certainly hope so! Even if it is a UK Government decision (which I still doubt very much - if Scotland can stop travel to and from various parts of England without UK consent we must have some control about who we let in or not from other European countries)) he is asking the wrong question and muddying the water by referring to elite sportspersons. This has nothing to do with UEFA, who have absolutely no control of governments imposing restrictions on travel between different nations. The simple question is "Can an exception be made to the red list to allow a team from Turkey to enter Scotland to play a football match?"

10 minutes ago, MrBored said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if none of the two Govt's step in and blame each other for the issue not being resolved.

That is exactly what is going to happen - the Scottish Cup Final all over again. A bunch of numpties from every side saying they can't do anything because of somebody else until it's too late. 

Of course, if by some miracle we do get to play both legs home and away they will all be out claiming how great they are for listening to the people and saving the day.

3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Unfortunate for the Club, the Players and the fans, but I'm coming round to the idea that due to all the hassle and financial liability, that it might be best all round if we forfeit the games.

Hopefully a solution can be found to arrange the matches, in the limited time left.

:shock:

You mean the wifey has put her foot down your no spending the pension gallavanting aw oer Europe

Edited by sixties saintee

9 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

:shock:

You mean the wifey has put her foot down your no spending the pension gallavanting aw oer Europe

Staycation mate.

Wifey or no, I ain't "gallavanting aw  oer Europe".

Not even gallavanting to my usual European holiday destination.

Follow the Saintees as per government guidelines.

6 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Apparently SG have now stepped in, are in talks, and seem to think it will be sorted. Meanwhile the Runrig guy is bending the ears of the Imperial Masters. Hopefully at some point someone will work out who is in charge and end this. 

Don't tease us with these snippets. We need to focus on the worst case scenario so that anything better is seen as a massive win.

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Big rush on season tickets perhaps.

Hope so. It would be great for the club to have a solid wedge of income confirmed and guaranteed at the start of the season. It also sends a message to Brown, Callum and the players that success and a certain style of football/players breeds interest amongst fans.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

On 7/19/2021 at 1:04 PM, GMac said:

50 years ago, the heroes of Muirton, ventured into Europe for the first time (and I had the privilege of being at the home games). To our current heroes, whoever we play......get right intae thum, make us proud - We are Perth ya bass.

Had that  privilege as well .I agree.

On 7/23/2021 at 7:47 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

As I said, that’s what I thought, but here’s Saints’ MP writing to the English government, and you would assume he would know which government to write to. Hopefully, anyway......

27CA427D-3C48-47EE-97B5-16B70FE28F9D.jpeg

Not like Wishart not to know which Parliament was responsible for the decision.