St Johnstone European campaign 2021-2022

california_saintee

10 hours ago, MySpazz said:

There won't be an away end because just to get a ticket for the home end will mean being a season ticket holder or a sponsor, current or past few years.

There is NO WAY the club are going to open the sales up the public when they can pull in capital from who gets to go....

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Surely this all depends on what the restrictions are going to be at the time of the game, which none of us know yet. I really don't see the point in stating these kind of things as if they're fact when all any of us can do is speculate.

Yeah, most social distancing restrictions are expected to be lifted 3 days before the game.

48 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Fly to Paris....Paris return to Istanbul, and back in via Paris. 

Call yourself a real fan :) :)

Good luck with that one, now that we’re getting our Passports stamped everywhere… your passport will say you were in Turkey.

Not only that, you’d be in a 10 day quarantine from the 5th, meaning you’d miss the home leg!! 

I’m in France right now. U.K. 10 day Quarantine from France is expected to end on the 9th.

image.jpg

Edited by Pat McGroin

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Good luck with that one, now that we’re getting our Passports stamped everywhere… your passport will say you were in Turkey.

Not only that, you’d be in a 10 day quarantine from the 5th, meaning you’d miss the home leg!! 

I’m in France right now. U.K. 10 day Quarantine from France is expected to end on the 9th.

image.jpg

Covid has stiffed us ...... cup double and a huge tie v gala...................with our EsEs pals also missing out. 

Cannae make it up.... 

what you doing galavanting around europe?

13 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Covid has stiffed us ...... cup double and a huge tie v gala...................with our EsEs pals also missing out. 

Cannae make it up.... 

what you doing galavanting around europe?

Got a caravan down here. Drove down for a month with the car, took that and my Mrs home before flying back down with my eldest for another 2 weeks. 

Got fed up quarantining and figured I’m as well working from here with a swimming pool, good food, cheap wine and AC, rather than at home. 

flights are literally £10-20 each way just now so I figured “why not?” 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:43 AM, mainstand said:

The 9th is not confirmed date for changes and if it is confirmed FM will announce it probably this Tuesday or next so would give Saints time to make arrangements. I really cannot see clubs being given the green light to have filled stadia from 9 August without any social distancing at all. Can you?

Yes I can since rangers now know they can fill ibrox for champions league game at some point. Also have a date to raise league winning flag in a full stadium. They also can have full stadium for first old firm derby end of august.

Edited by saintgscot
Extra info

THURSDAY 5TH AUGUST 2021

• FK Jablonec 16:45 Celtic

• Kairat 16:45 Alashkert

• NS Mura 16:45  Zalgiris

• Omonia Nicosia 16:45 Flora

• Galatasaray 20:00 St Johnstone

• Lincoln Red Imps 2 0:00  Slovan Bratislava

• Neftchi Baku  20:00  HJK Helsinki
  • Rapid Vienna 20:00 Anorthosis Fa

From BBC 2000 ko
Edited by Johnny B

2 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Bigger they are , harder they fall

Luv it Sixties! The only way to be, maybe I’ve missed an update? but if this game goes ahead in an empty stadium it’s a huge leveller, as is the game being so early in the season, with a very fit and professional squad and management. Make no mistake this Saints team will be hard to beat, very well organised, streetwise and laced with real quality.  

The assumption among most is that Saints cannot top the best season in their history, well getting past this mob and making the group stages would be a fair stab at continuing progress after last season’s heroics, bring it on!

wishing you all the luck going! 

coys!

2 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Luv it Sixties! The only way to be, maybe I’ve missed an update? but if this game goes ahead in an empty stadium it’s a huge leveller, as is the game being so early in the season, with a very fit and professional squad and management. Make no mistake this Saints team will be hard to beat, very well organised, streetwise and laced with real quality.  

The assumption among most is that Saints cannot top the best season in their history, well getting past this mob and making the group stages would be a fair stab at continuing progress after last season’s heroics, bring it on!

wishing you all the luck going! 

coys!

Well said thon Arab .

Guys first  all 65% of the people  in istanbul are vaccinated plus we dont let people into the stadium without health clerance . you can come to istanbul easily and you can  go back to UK via any airport in france or many of the Eu countries without being  guaranteed on your back trip to scotland.only problem for you traveling Scottish fans is, like myself, over 44k seasonal card holders in TT Galatasaray  arena. Since our stadium is undergoing some improvements and Turkish FA only allow 50% stadium capacity, we will pay at Fatih Terim stadium and capacity will be limited to 9800. So all tickets will be allocated to old seasonal ticket holders hence you won't be able to buy tickets. As for the second leg in Scotland, Galatasaray has never ever  played without at least 1500/2000 away supporters anywhere in the world. Over 800 k Turks and Turkish Cypriots living in the UK so I can imagine couple of thousand will make their way to Perth. Please be kind to them as turks and Scottish people have always been friendly to each other and good luck for the game. As for the team we have making great transfers so far and 2 more might be announced anytime this weekend so we won't play badly again like we did against PSV