St Johnstone European campaign 2021-2022

california_saintee

6 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Attendance for the Monaco game was under 8,000 and I think that was partly due to the inconvenient kick-off time TBH.

I don't even know if I count as a renewal or not. I had a season ticket last season but I've changed seat and stand for this season so I wasn't able to purchase it through the renewal process, so I reckon I might not be in the club's system as a renewal. Same goes for other people I go to the games with.

Not sure about that. You could travel if you like, but there won't be an away ticket allocation. UEFA have made it clear that none of the preliminary or play-off rounds are to allow in away supporters.

Have you checked Austria’s admission list? 

Not sure why this quoted you BH. Clicked quote on the post about Austria being on the green list 

Edited by Pat McGroin

10 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

It was always on the cards and contingency plans put in place.

Exactly.

Saints fans (and Councillors) would be aware of this situation arising since wee Nicky's speech earlier in the week.

Others clubs have managed to get a decision , don't hold your breath waiting for PKC.

Politics shouldn't be a factor.

27 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Exactly.

Saints fans (and Councillors) would be aware of this situation arising since wee Nicky's speech earlier in the week.

Others clubs have managed to get a decision , don't hold your breath waiting for PKC.

Politics shouldn't be a factor.

The thing is that Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen will have full time office people to sort the paperwork on this, whereas Saints appear to have gone to Turkey with nothing happening until they got back, the result being that they didn't even apply to PKC until Friday.

I've no real problem with the club's commitment to frugality, but sometimes it comes across as very amateurish.

Re: the game itself, I assume Gala's 1st choice keeper will be suspended for this one?

57 minutes ago, Shipa said:

The thing is that Rangers/Celtic/Aberdeen will have full time office people to sort the paperwork on this, whereas Saints appear to have gone to Turkey with nothing happening until they got back, the result being that they didn't even apply to PKC until Friday.

I've no real problem with the club's commitment to frugality, but sometimes it comes across as very amateurish.

Re: the game itself, I assume Gala's 1st choice keeper will be suspended for this one?

Yes, I understand what you are saying.

7 hours ago, Shipa said:

No as according to Steve Brown on Thursday the paper work was lodged with the council on the Thursday. 

19 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

The ban is on travelling away supporters. In-country away supporters are allowed, as far as I know. There was a single Saints supporter at the away leg who was accommodated. 

Actually I don't think that's quite true. In UEFA's own wording, they have chosen to "forbid the exchange of tickets for the fans of visiting teams during the qualifying phase and play-offs of the 2021/22 UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and UEFA Conference League."

So if Galatasaray knew that Saints fan was supporting Saints (and it seems pretty clear that they did, given that they moved him to the away end), then really they shouldn't have allowed him to be at the game. Maybe we can get them chucked out of the competition for breaking the rules? :D

I can’t make the Galatasaray game but will be watching with pride in Belfast on bbc.

I missed a large chunk of the 1st half of the Monaco game as a 17 year old as the bus was late picking me up in Dunblane!

I am off work for the week of the 26th Aug match and would like to get to the game, will this be home or away ??

Edited by belfastsaintee