BBC Sports Team of The Year

18 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

if Leicester can win it then Saints can win it.

Lets motivate the football world to get SJFC a fantastic award.

I was thinking this yesterday too. Saints should 100% be in line for this - and let's not forget that the year is not even halfway through yet. If we do well in Europe, surely we have to be considered?

Re Sunday Times, yesterday's Observer Sports section had a full front page photo of Sean Rooney with the cup, with the caption   "Perth Glory".  Presumably the Scottish edition.  Half page report on the game with the headline "Rooney secures fairy tale cup double for St Johnstone".  Writer not named.

Edited by Old Lethamite

On 5/23/2021 at 10:47 PM, sleepless said:

Sunday times today gave the result but not a word about the match. Not a chance of this being picked up

Maybe 10 pages of football reports in today’s Guardian...and mention of the Scottish Cup Final there is none other than in the classified results section. Not even a couple of lines.  

You might think that this might upset the SFA and they might send in a formal complaint...but hey - I’m not holding my breath.

Edited by henryhallsdanceband

18 hours ago, Indicator said:

Is it common practise for the Manager of Year to be announced before the last match of the season has been played.

If so, it needs to be changed.

I believe it's all tied in to needing to be able to present it before the end of the season, because everyone disappears off on holiday after the last game. 

This isn't the first time a Manager of the Year Award has looked ridiculous after being given out too early. In 2008/09 Gordon Strachan got the PFA award, only for Celtic to be overtaken at the top of the league and finish second. Rangers won the league and the Scottish Cup that year and yet Strachan got the award.

It definitely needs to change.